Know anyone who cleans Motorhomes in York area? (1 Viewer)

SKI Mobile

Free Member
Aug 8, 2017
North Yorkshire
Funster No
Can anyone suggest who we might contact in the York area to clean our Rimor 69+? We’ve asked at local car wash places but they are not prepared to do the roof. The only storage space we could get for the last 3 months was under a tree so it really needs sorting but a bit too high for either of us to do.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Brilliant question. Maybe a good idea for a permanent thread ... where can I have mh cleaned, in various areas..?

I, too, would like to know somewhere local to me. What do you think? (y)

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I have to do it myself but-
I see you're not having much luck so I thought I would punt it back up the list

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Could you not ring a local mobile car valet-er? (if that's even a word?!)

If you only need the outside doing and can provide them a ladder, they might be quite happy to take on the challenge!

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Brilliant question. Maybe a good idea for a permanent thread ... where can I have mh cleaned, in various areas..?

I, too, would like to know somewhere local to me. What do you think? (y)
You might need to let people know where that is :whistle:

Wyn

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We live in hull and have been looking for somewhere for a while, the site advertises someone in the summer, but they seem to stop doing it over the winter months. Not tried them so can't comment. Did find someone off the internet, mobile, van looked ace, all shiny, until after fist coiple of rain showers, had been polished, but not waxed, something we asked and paid for. Were abroad by the time we discovered, he was no longer on same phone no or on the net, well p'd off. Hope this helps bump it up again. We normally clean it ourselves, but health issues make it more difficult.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
There's a company called WhyQueue in Pocklington that I have contemplated using. The website looks good and they do a mobile service. I'm looking for someone similar nearer Hull. Had a bad experience with our last Motorhome at one of the many hand car wash sites, walking all over the roof in wellingtons.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
There's a company called WhyQueue in Pocklington that I have contemplated using. The website looks good and they do a mobile service. I'm looking for someone similar nearer Hull. Had a bad experience with our last Motorhome at one of the many hand car wash sites, walking all over the roof in wellingtons.
Have been tempted by the do it yourself one at Dunswell, but worried about the pressure of the wash. Have seen the hire vans being done there when we've been going passed.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Have been to van today it is filthy with driving through the building mess at the power station. Have booked WhyQueue for February. Will let you know how it goes.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Update, @Hettie's Crew delighted with service and results from WhyQueue, Kathryn and Richard had quite a job in front of them. Great results will try to post some pictures
Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

rest of van was in a similar condition
now
Broken Link Removed

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
put an advert on gumtree and find someone keen to earn a few quid locally. I did that and got a really hard working polish guy for a few years. now moved back home and my son-in-law has been doing it, but not as well

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
@scotzsue Thanks, I take from the pictures that's the mobile service, they could have done ours whilst they were there. Is the cost reasonable?
What a shame didn't realise you are at the same storage facility, .
a bit pricey when compared to going to a car wash, but they spent a good 4 hours on the job, no high powered pressure wash to damage seams, but happy with what I payed. Prices on the website, I got a bit of a winter discount too.
Would I use again and pay that again, a decided yes.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
put an advert on gumtree and find someone keen to earn a few quid locally. I did that and got a really hard working polish guy for a few years. now moved back home and my son-in-law has been doing it, but not as well
Got a guy who wanted the work before, did a terrible job, seams a mess afterwards only bits you saw cleaned, ie doors not opened and steps not done. Have done it ourselves in the past, but if you read my recent posts you will see why we wanted it done for us this time.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
my polish guy took 6 hours and did a very thorough job with no damage £60 plus i supplied the cleaning materials and polish. a good hand wash using a hose, polish with MER then wax with collinite

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Can anyone suggest who we might contact in the York area to clean our Rimor 69+? We’ve asked at local car wash places but they are not prepared to do the roof. The only storage space we could get for the last 3 months was under a tree so it really needs sorting but a bit too high for either of us to do.

Prestige valeting in Knaresborough will do it, roof too but they'll want it at their premises for that.

http://www.prestigevaletingofharrogate.co.uk/

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Richard and Kathryn of Why Queue did mine and a brilliant job too. Included the roof and they have all necessary ladders, platforms etc. Used only the correct chemicals and had piles of clean microfibre cloths for drying/polishing.
A professional, friendly well run business. They deserve to succeed.
I have no connection with them other than as a satisfied customer.

https://www.whyqueuevehiclevaleting.com/

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Hymer b544
Exp
Very little
Great post does anyone know of a company near central scotland? Sounds like a great little idea for a valet company to take on

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Richard and Kathryn of Why Queue did mine and a brilliant job too. Included the roof and they have all necessary ladders, platforms etc. Used only the correct chemicals and had piles of clean microfibre cloths for drying/polishing.
A professional, friendly well run business. They deserve to succeed.
I have no connection with them other than as a satisfied customer.

https://www.whyqueuevehiclevaleting.com/

I rang them for a quote and they said that the travelling time (less than an hour) would be an extra £40. I have no doubt that they do an excellent job and are worthy of praise but I'm not shelling out £120 just to have the outside of my van washed.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
We had ours done last October by WhyQueue. We paid £230 but our GRP front end had lost all of its shine and needed to be machine polished back. They then applied a good quality (Meguires RV) wax all over. The level of detailing was very impressive including around all the roof areas, wheels etc.
We’ll definitely be using them again, that £230 got us two hard working professionals for around 5-6 hours and all materials, resulting in a motorhome that looked better than when we picked it up from the dealer at a year old.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back