mazzaH

Free Member
Mar 27, 2010
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 08
Exp
Hi, I have just joined this site - we are about to buy our first van. We are looking at the model above. Anyone have any comments?? It is a 2007/2008. Any idea about what we should pay for it. We have been looking for over a year, cant wait to actually get one!!

Thanks.

Mazza

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Don't know this model but we've had a Knaus SunLiner for the last 3 years and we LOVE it!
Build quality is excellent.

Where are you buying it from?

We got ours from Lowdham's Notingham - they've been excellent - not that we've needed much help!

Good luck!

Welcome to the funstiest site on the web!!

:welcomefunster:

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
Did Knaus go out of business and can you get spares? Things such as body panels etc can be difficult in the event of accidents etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
From what we've been told by Lowdham's they were rescued by ( I think!!) a Dutch Bank and the Bavarian Government - don't know how true that is!

We've not needed any parts so far - would be interested to hear if anyone has any news on the situation!

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
mazzaH

First, welcome to the gang... and if that's already been done, well you're twice as welcome!

Back to basics. Have you seen plenty to help you decide what suits you? Is this one generally what you need? Things like where is the kitchen, where will you sleep, how many beds and so on. It may be heresy, but the choice has to come after you'd decided, for example, if you like a luton... 18 months ago, I wouldn't have known what that meant. You must be fairly happy about fundamentals first.

I know there'll be plenty of argument, but the maker of the base vehicle, today, is almost irrelevant. There just are no really bad Fiats or Renaults or VWs etc etc.

Last major point. When you've really decided what you want to live in, and accepted that it will move, will you be able to live with the furnishings? Seems daft, but people buy houses because they look nice and forget the seller will move their furniture. With a van, for practical purposes you're stuck with what is in there now.

What extras are there? Are you paying for things you might not need, are there things you will have to add, and what will they cost?

Don't foregt to ask for advice from the trade, but don't be obliged to buy - in general they're a pretty fair bunch.

Best of luck. Ask Funsters for advice here, ask everyone you meet for help and they'll generally be happy to give it...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
:welcomefunster::welcomefunster::welcomefunster:
Wishing you lots of
Happy Daze
Chrisboyo

Nov 4, 2014
blackpool
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
:oops:Has anyone had there inner oven door explode while using it my van is knus sky t I ???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back