Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
Has anyone tried a K and N Air filter on a ducato based vehicle and what did you think? Ps mine is a 2009 model

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
I cannot comment on the ducato itself as I have not seen the positioning of the air filter however what I can say is you will notice a slight difference in performance & a more noticeable whistle from the turbo.
It will be better accompanied with a EGR bypass giving a bit more mid range grunt.

What you want to achieve is a direct flow of cold air into the intake to get the best performance so placing & ducting is vital.

Hope this helps..............

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I am not convinced that with a standard set up, that the K&N filter will give a significant boost. however it will save money as you just clean it at service time, not replace. any performance increase would be a bonus point

Broken Link Removed £28.98 as opposed to about £15 for a paper filter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And as a seller of K & N's may I just remind folk that they do need REGULAR cleaning and re-oiling.
Contrary to what you may read elsewhere I know from long experience they do not work that well if you do more than about 5000 miles without doing the biz.

The cleaning kits are pretty expensive but if you just buy the oil you can wash them out in petrol ( do make sure they are nice and dry before re-applying the oil to the filter or indeed fitting them back in ! )

Folk generally believe they are cheaper in the long run, but remember they are actually a performance item. As such and like all performance kit, they are pretty high maintenance compared to a throw away paper element type

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back