Deceased RIP
Nov 26, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1996
Has anyone visited the new aire on the Algarve called KM64? We would like to know if it is near shops etc. Also has anyone news about the re-opening of the aire at Praia de Rocha on the Marina.

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
I had an email off a mate who stopped there recently, it is about a mile away from the shops and is right on the 125 about a mile or so outside Armaco de Pera.
He also told me that he had been told that the Marina aire at Prai De Rocha was open for motorhomes again but he had not been there and he promised to take a ride down that way and let me know

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I can confirm the information above.

The 125 site is a little bit away from places...

The Praia da Rocha (Marina) site is open again, under new management.

They are working on a caravan based snack bar and hope to have it up and running on Monday.

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

ROSMIC

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 26, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1996
Hi JJ we were parked in front of you in Silves last Jan/Feb, thanks for your reply, we leave uk next sunday and were so disappointed when we heard Praia de Rocha had closed. Do you know what the cost will be please? We hear Silves is still as it was last year. Hope to meet you again. Rosie & Michael in the Elnagh

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi there Rosie and Michael.

The price at Praia da Rocha Marina parking place is the same... €2.50 per night and the fresh water meter is now back in operation at €2.00 for 100 litres.

Things at Silves stay as usual, at least until the new "aire" (the space between the hedge and the river) is completed.

They are building two dumping places and a reception office at the moment and the whole space will be gravelled. The talk is there will be spaces for 50 vans.

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
R

ROSMIC

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 26, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks JJ good to hear Praia is the same price. Do you mean that at Silves they are only going to use the muddy bit at the back & put stones on it? Where will everyone else go I wonder??, Hope to see you soon, Rosie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back