Kitchen roll (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I have one bought from Aldi's that clips over the top of a cupboard door. Doesn't unroll as it rests against the door.
Showing your age methinks.
I used loads of kitchen roll and they take up so much space, so now I use blue catering roll with the cardboard tube taken out just take it out from the middle to use, I store 2 one on top of the other on the open shelf in the kitchen area works great and last for ages.
Here you can buy kitchen roll in most supermarkets in industrial sized rolls about a foot in diameter, which is what I mainly use indoors.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We will know tomorrow. Bet Jim has been briefed but he’s not saying. Official Secrets Act and all that.😄
Is that so he can make sure he 'stokes' the MHF 'boiler' for when we all hit the forum at once! 😄

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Is that so he can make sure he 'stokes' the MHF 'boiler' for when we all hit the forum at once! 😄
Weird. I just got a notification that you quoted my post. (Presumably the David and Sally one) I clicked it and was taken here.
First time I have been directed to a wrong place.

For info, I have no interest in the intricacies of kitchen toilet roll

1613989843325.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Weird. I just got a notification that you quoted my post. (Presumably the David and Sally one) I clicked it and was taken here.
First time I have been directed to a wrong place.

For info, I have no interest in the intricacies of kitchen toilet roll

View attachment 467984
Ah, I can answer that ... its nothing weird! 😄

When I quoted David & Sally and inserted it into my post I inadvertently still had one of your replies in my 'quotes' selection that I hadn't yet replied to, so when I posted D&S's one I hadn't remove yours (ie deleted it from the selection) so it posted too, when I'd done my reply to D&S I then edited my post and removed the quote I'd made of your post (still with me?) but by then it had sent an automatic alert to tell you I'd quoted you, however even though I'd removed said quote quite quickly the alert to you didn't then disappear ... hence you thinking it was weird! :giggle:

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Another fan of Plew Plew Amazon product ASIN B00DS6ORRA here :) There are other matching products including a toilet roll holder.

View attachment 467461

View attachment 467462
We bought this on Wombles recommendation. It’s VERY useful - we hang our microfibre washing up drainer pad and tea towel on it and they dry quickly. Like all these things the kitchen roll and unravels when travelling so now lives in cupboard above kitchen.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I don't use the stuff ..waste of paper.

Ive a reusable anti bacterial foam sponge for mopping up any spillages. Rinse and reuse.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I don't use the stuff ..waste of paper.

Ive a reusable anti bacterial foam sponge for mopping up any spillages. Rinse and reuse.
No good for grease, oil etc, or curry sauce.

swiftsteve

LIFE MEMBER
May 16, 2018
kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral S 680 ST
Exp
Since 2008, with a gap between 2013 and 2018.
We used to have one like this in our last van, it takes clingfish and tinfoil too. Around £15 from Amazon.View attachment 467401
Looks like it weighs about 25 kilos. Is it coin operated or what? What else does it do? Is it a computer printer in it's spare time. I just flatten ours so it don't unroll while I'm driving and stand it upright when we get there. It don't cost me anything either.

Apr 18, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo TD590
Exp
Long time caravanner - almost 2 years a motorhomer
Any ideas guys on a good kitchen roll holder one that can sit below cupboards or on the wall so it's off the work top appreciate any ideas
This one is easily fixed (screws or adhesive) horizontally or vertically.
Hocerlu Kitchen Roll Holder Under... Amazon product ASIN B093VPFZTN

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back