Kitchen fan not working (1 Viewer)

Aug 11, 2016
ipswich
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
1 year
Hi guys having trouble with the fan not working in the van. I have checked all the fuses and all are good. Strange thing is the radio was not working also but after I pulled the fuses they both worked. After a couple of minutes the fan died again but the radio still worked. I pulled all the fuses again but this time the fan did not start but the radio is fine. Its a Kontiki on a 53 plate. Any suggestions on what to try next.

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
A couple of things to try. Firstly is your habitation battery OK. Is so recheck the fuse. If OK then check that you have voltage to the fan.
Phil.

OP
OP
mushy
Aug 11, 2016
ipswich
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
1 year
Battery ok. I don't know what fuse is for the fan although the radio is still working but there again the two issues might be coincidental. There is no voltage at the fan suggesting its a fuse but I cannot find any other fuses in the cab or under the bonnet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mushy
Aug 11, 2016
ipswich
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
1 year
A more in depth investigation has found there is power to the fan so it looks like the fan is cream crackered. A new one on E bay is £46. Would have prefered a blown fuse.

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
I would suggest you look at the connection as earlier you indicated no power to the fan. You could take the grille off and check the switch etc prior to purchasing a new one.
Phil.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back