Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
251AAFC6-C6AE-43F6-A082-CE2CA8FA5969.jpeg
9E0E69AD-D1CD-4940-92CF-216DAC44CF67.jpeg

These were on my Kindle ‘suggested for you’ list yesterday and I have now added them to my device.

I love to read books about others travels and adventures whilst I’m away in the van, and as the average spring / summer trip requires 20 - 30 books, I keep a look out for interesting 99p offers.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other books?

Lorraine x

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
It might be worth joining ereaderiq.com.

It’s a free website, you can browse free books or price drops or deals under a £.

If you have favourite authors you can set up alerts ,you can also track books and get alerts if they reach a price.

I have a list of books and it sends me notifications on an email.

It’s a good way to quickly see what’s on offer.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Walking the Americas looks a good read especially at 0:99p, but How to live in a Van is back up to £7:99 now:(:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Another kindle fan here :Marie Potter and the Campervan of Doom . Harry Storrar :It's Not About the Van. Three men in a van, One Man in a Van A blonde, ,a Dog and a Motorhome : Two Old Fools series by Victoria Twead Chris Stewart, Driving Over Lemons, A Parrot in the Pepper Tree. Last Days of the Bus Club, The almond Blossom Appreciation Society. -Two go to Spain : A Van of One's Own: Two go to Spain : Pensioners in Paradise : Alan Laycock's Trilogy The Reluctant Expat : Ways of Escape, Nigel Hamson.
Enjoy

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
And of course not forgetting the threads on here from @ianthebuilder or the previous and current threads from @Northernraider they are definitely worth reading.
There are many others also which I can't keep up with but are well worth reading. (y)

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
"In the Middle of Nowhere" by Peter Fleming.(£3.08)
I worked with Peter in Oman, and his account of building a Landover Camper and driving it to the UK via Saudi, Jordan, Egypt, Sudan, Central Africa, Nigeria, Algeria, etc makes entertaining reading

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
I always like Graham Field's books and audio books, nothing like listening to his adventures while on an adventure ;)

Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
Not Motorhome related but really funny is George Mahood “free country - a penniless adventure the length of Britain’. 2 men set off to go from lands end to john o groats with nothing but the clothes they are wearing. Laugh out loud funny in places.

OP
OP
whingyraindrop
Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
It might be worth joining ereaderiq.com.

It’s a free website, you can browse free books or price drops or deals under a £.

If you have favourite authors you can set up alerts ,you can also track books and get alerts if they reach a price.

I have a list of books and it sends me notifications on an email.

It’s a good way to quickly see what’s on offer.

thank you, I didn't know about this.

Walking the Americas looks a good read especially at 0:99p, but How to live in a Van is back up to £7:99 now:(:(

Its a nuisance. I have noticed that often when a book reaches the best sellers list the price increases.

Another kindle fan here :Marie Potter and the Campervan of Doom . Harry Storrar :It's Not About the Van. Three men in a van, One Man in a Van A blonde, ,a Dog and a Motorhome : Two Old Fools series by Victoria Twead Chris Stewart, Driving Over Lemons, A Parrot in the Pepper Tree. Last Days of the Bus Club, The almond Blossom Appreciation Society. -Two go to Spain : A Van of One's Own: Two go to Spain : Pensioners in Paradise : Alan Laycock's Trilogy The Reluctant Expat : Ways of Escape, Nigel Hamson.
Enjoy

Thank You. Yes, I have read most of those. The two go to Spain, Marie Potter and the camper van of Doom, along with Pussers Progress and several others about adventuring in France in a van (can't remember the titles, sorry) were written by Funsters.
Also (nowt to do with van life), I found the Snow! Thaw! Flood! trilogy entertaining, easy reading whilst spending far too much time in hospital a couple of years back. If I remember correctly they were written by a Funster too, though he doesn't write under his own name.

Not Motorhome related but really funny is George Mahood “free country - a penniless adventure the length of Britain’. 2 men set off to go from lands end to john o groats with nothing but the clothes they are wearing. Laugh out loud funny in places.

I agree, having read most of George Mahoods books. Easy reading and very entertaining. They are all currently free on Kindle Unlimited.

thank you all for taking the time to respond.

Lorraine x

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
If you’re a member of your local library go in and ask about ebooks.
I borrow books to read on my iPad via an app which your library will tell you the details of. They will have lots of audio books too, plus magazines.
And it’s all free !

Reactions: GPW

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I borrow books to read on my iPad via an app which your library will tell you the details of. They will have lots of audio books too, plus magazines.
And it’s all free !

Our library makes a charge for ebooks :(

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
And it’s all free !
Our library's ebooks are mostly outdated ones I have read, childrens or ones i dont want to read. they don't have the best sellers or popular authors.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Our library's ebooks are mostly outdated ones I have read, childrens or ones i dont want to read. they don't have the best sellers or popular authors.
Surprised there is not much ebook content at your libary as a lot of UK libraries use Overdrive for ebooks and RBdigital for ebook and audiobooks which are accessed via your main library website our in Sussex have a lot of new content.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back