Kids caravan? (1 Viewer)

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Could not see why you would want such a small caravan when on holiday last year. A couple of days later we saw one again on a site

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
I was talking to bloke on site a couple of weeks ago who had a tiny caravan just him and his dog he loved it(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Is it a teardrop? Very fashionable these days. Blame Jennifer Saunders' husband. Can't remember his name but he was the bloke on the Young Ones with metal bits in his head. :)

OP
OP
dulvil
Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
For some reason it will not send.It is a small caravan with a washing machine and tumble drier inside. image.jpeg

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Was on a site in France,next to an Eriba puck..Chilli ? The couple were sat out under an awning similar to those on M/homes,having a meal,next thing,he winds the legs up,turns it 180degs sets up again and they finish the meal..... Reason ? The sun had moved around,the move was so easy,you can see why they are so popular,not much room,but NO hassle pitching.
Tea Bag

OP
OP
dulvil
Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes, this one was used by fairground people and the second one we saw was in a travellers convoy

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Now that gives me an idea :whistle:
Me too! If I wasn't retired, & happily on my permanent holiday, I might start up a mobile launderette business in some tourist area or other... Could be fun!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Yes, this one was used by fairground people and the second one we saw was in a travellers convoy
Makes sense, a useful thing to have if there is a spare vehicle to tow it. Not sure where the water and waste are connected though.

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
Makes sense, a useful thing to have if there is a spare vehicle to tow it. Not sure where the water and waste are connected though.

We saw one like that on a site in Rouen which was also fairground travellers. All they did was pull the trailer to the nearest water tap, connected the water up and let the waste water run into the gutter of the road within the site. Another family had a washing machine that they carried in a trailer with a roller rear door. This trailer was set up as a complete kitchen, the washing machine was removed, covered up with a proper waterproof cover, and that was also connected to a tap with the waste into the gutter

Cheers

Trevor

Reactions: DBK

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
It always surprises me that we never see one of these with the long termers overwintering in Spain. They'd be much handier than a kitchen tent and wouldn't blow away when windy.

A few years back, in Milan, I was given a tour of a couple of them, each with washing machine and kitchen sink and stove. The site was only 6 amp and we wandered how they managed to run washing machine and dryer at the same time. Several families were camped together and had their kitchen trailers in a circle and very convenient it looked too. Bet they're not cheap though.

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
I have one of these I use to house friends or family when they join us
It's a gobur carousel, it fits in a single garage
It uk made in Norfolk and is a quality item

Love it

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
That looks like a 3 phase power supply running to the trailer (red plug). Must be a circus or similar.

These kitchen trailers have been the " must-have" accessory for travellers now for years. Go to any municipal in France or Italy about now, when the travellers start moving for work , and you will find many of them.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We saw one like that on a site in Rouen which was also fairground travellers. All they did was pull the trailer to the nearest water tap, connected the water up and let the waste water run into the gutter of the road within the site. Another family had a washing machine that they carried in a trailer with a roller rear door. This trailer was set up as a complete kitchen, the washing machine was removed, covered up with a proper waterproof cover, and that was also connected to a tap with the waste into the gutter

Cheers

Trevor

You forgot to mention "....and the power lead tapped into the nearest lampost"

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back