LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Right, I'm now on Chrome and it is working perfectly so it is DEFINITELY something to do with Firefox!
I've used Firefox for years, Mel, on a variety of Windows OSs, and never had such problems. If it isn't a background task I would suspect interaction with another piece of installed software on the machine concerned.

The problem with so many pieces of software these days is that they are not properly tested so do not deal properly with some unexpected data values - so instead of, at the very least, issuing some sort of meaningful error message they hang up or slow down. Software publishers make the excuse that they can not be expected to test for every instance of how their products might be used with others but fail to realise admit that they only need to test that their own code deals properly with presented data, not how those data values occurred.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I have checked mine, nothing running in background and is happening on my Android running Chrome and my Windows lappie running Firefox!

Lappie is a powerful machine and even if there was someting running in background it would not cause keyboard lag! BTW it is only on Fun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Borrowed a windows 8 laptop this morning (awful ;)) IE, Chrome and FF working fine and I cannot reproduce the lag. I've also asked on the developers forum to see if anyone else has experienced it.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This is from IE on (wonderful ;)) Windows 8.1. No keyboard lag.
I havnt had it today on iPad, it comes and goes can go a day or two , nothing then other days every other try at posting.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Haven't had it for yonks. The trouble I had with Fun was it hanging my internet, sadly (because I like them on Fun) I've added AdBlocker and it's been fine ever since. Oh and I have to delete everything when I close down, so have to log in on every poxy site every time I sign in - including the forum I'm a founder member and Moderator of.

Windoze 7 and IE 11.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well, I'm using FF again and it's still crappy ... of to have a go with Opera ...

GJH ... I take on board what you are saying BUT it is ONLY this forum, no others, nothing else running in the background etc. It just seemed funny that it coincided with the smilie 'issues' ... it's either this forum or FF but as I can look at the forum with Opera without a problem I'll just have to use that instead.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Now on Opera ... no problem at all with lag .... :)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I haven't experienced any of the above (W7/IE11) but I have a continuous issue with Smileys: during composition of a reply, with the cursor at the end of the last word I typed, I click on the smiley icon and then on the smiley I want to use. The smiley always appears at the beginning of my text (and the cursor is still at the end). This happens every time I need/want to use a smiley. My cure is to click where I want the smiley just after clicking the smiley icon but before clicking on the smiley I want.

I wasn't going to mention it but it might be relevant to other issues described above.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
That's just reminded me of a problem I had not that long ago where I've gone to upload a file/add an image to a posting and it has been 'stuck' in the wrong place, despite my cursor being at the end, or even putting 2 copies of the same image on instead of the 2 different images I've uploaded ...

Maybe the forum has been at the Christmas sherry ... :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back