Key Code Hymer 580 1999 (1 Viewer)

Mar 15, 2018
Wrexham, UK
Funster No
MH
Mc Louis LH drive
Exp
since 1979
Was out in Sunderland yesterday and noticed the tempt gauge rising so stooped and found a frayed black pipe so shortened it and put on a jubilee clip from air pipe as the clip that was on was crimped and cable tied the air pipe. Drove on for an hour and stopped to fill with fuel But would not start and key code was lit on the instrument panel tried to start and look for fault but could not find so contacted recovery who bought it back today got it of the trailer and it started first time with all 3 keys one after the other. Well frightened to use the moho now anyone got any advise or come across this before
Thanks

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Not sure why an "air pipe" would cause a temperature gauge problem, do you think the engine actually was overly hot or just a problem with the gauge ? If it's the latter, (false gauge reading) and your key couldn't get recognised, I'd have a quick check of your battery and engine/gearbox earth straps (undo and remake them if you're capable ? ) in case it's one of those "bad earth" scenarios that manifest in many weird and unusual ways.

OP
OP
Bigjohneaton
Mar 15, 2018
Wrexham, UK
Funster No
MH
Mc Louis LH drive
Exp
since 1979
Cheers will do when it stops raining here
Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Note you said Hymer?. Is it on a Mercedes Chassis?. (mine is a 2009) I`ve experienced a similar issue. The "key" went intermittent. Changing the battery in the key. Solved the issue?.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back