Kent Storage for our van.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Storage' started by shawn&emma, Sep 28, 2018.

1. shawn&emma

shawn&emma Funster

Ratings:
    +1,019
    We are not going to use our van for probably a year starting November so are needing long term storage for our 31ft motorhome. Ideally in Kent,Sussex or Surrey.

10 days ago I emailed 22 recommended storage facilities and to date have only had replies from 3, 2of which say they are full and the other wants £120 per month for parking on gravel outside which I think is a little steep.

If you've your van in storage anywhere in the uk and know of space there please can you let me know. Pm me if you don't want to say in the open where you store yours.

I knew finding something would be bard but it's becoming harder than I thought it would be.

Needs to be in storage by around the 5 November.

It does annoy me that companies don't even bother to reply, I'm guessing the others are full but responde would have been nice.

Thanks Shawn

• Like it Like it x 2
  2. Floydster

Floydster Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +2,285
    Have you tried JC leisure in Rye? They were advertising storage a couple of months ago.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like it Like it x 1
  3. Pekepal

Pekepal Funster

Ratings:
    +153
    Just wondered whether the Caravanand Motorhome Club might be able to help. In this months magazine, page 18 they tell you how to book storage pitches.

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. shawn&emma

shawn&emma Funster

Ratings:
    +1,019
    Well after such a poor response to my storage request from the Kent/Sussex companies, still only the 3 out of 22.
    lets see if any of the 20 emails I've sent to companies further north have at least the decency to respond, surely thats not to much to ask is it?

Shawn

5. Pilote87

Pilote87 Funster

Ratings:
    +365
    @shawn&emma I think The Chequers camp site on the Folkestone to Canterbury road at Selsted have space. I know they do caravan storage and I'm sure I have seen a couple of motorhomes in there.

J

• Informative Informative x 1