Kent or Sussex campsite for my Mum's (1 Viewer)

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
I know campsites are pretty booked up but i was hoping to treat my Mum and Mum in law to a couple of nights away in my motorhome in Aug or early September. Mid week is fine. Somewhere scenic and quiet with a pub and some walks close by as we'll be driving them there then leaving them onsite for the duration and returning to Seaford and crossing fingers and toes they don't manage to break anything šŸ˜‚

Thanks for your time.

Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
There is a site in Alfriston, it is quite nicely located near the centre of the lovely town, good walks on the south downs. I cant remember the name of it but could find it by loooking through old emails if interested.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Itā€™s called the Stables. There is a campsite next door

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
There is a site in Alfriston, it is quite nicely located near the centre of the lovely town, good walks on the south downs. I cant remember the name of it but could find it by loooking through old emails if interested.
Thank you, as they live in Seaford 10 mins from Alfriston i think i will have to look slightly further afield

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
A bit of a left field suggestion p'raps as it depends upon whether they want a full facilities site or prefer the rural peace. It's too near to me to have stayed there.
Direct access to Ashdown Forest. No EHU but for only 2 nights............?

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
If they find anywhere near Folkestone /Hythe i would be happy to be contacted if they need any assistance.

Sandwich fishing lakes, Headcorn aerodrome, Sams lakes Smarden. I also have another place that may be suitable if you would like to pm me.
1623522633455.png

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Sandwich Leisure Park. A couple of minutes walk to the Town centre with pubs, restaurants, bus to Canterbury, train station 15 minutes walk to go to Deal/Dover/Folkestone one way or Ramsgate the other. Walk around the walls of Sandwich, sit on the Quay by the river.

OP
OP
Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
A bit of a left field suggestion p'raps as it depends upon whether they want a full facilities site or prefer the rural peace. It's too near to me to have stayed there.
Direct access to Ashdown Forest. No EHU but for only 2 nights............?

Yes a more rustic than regimented definitely fits the bill and no hook up is fine. I love the look of this place for myself actually! Will have to ponder whether the toilet facilities will be good enough for the olds here as was hoping for somewhere with showers too as our shower tray has a small crack which we've taped and avoid standing on.

OP
OP
Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Yes a more rustic than regimented definitely fits the bill and no hook up is fine. I love the look of this place for myself actually! Will have to ponder whether the toilet facilities will be good enough for the olds here as was hoping for somewhere with showers too as our shower tray has a small crack which we've taped and avoid standing on.
I can't find anything that fits the bill better than this so I'm going to investigate further. The Mum's will just have to be careful in the shower or can go a day without :LOL: Looking on Google maps it looks perfect for some dog walks and the food looks great. I'm going to have to visit myself for sure!

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I can't find anything that fits the bill better than this so I'm going to investigate further. The Mum's will just have to be careful in the shower or can go a day without :LOL: Looking on Google maps it looks perfect for some dog walks and the food looks great. I'm going to have to visit myself for sure!
Is it far from you?
It's only 20 miles from me and on one of my m/biking routes so I'll drop in there anyway for my own interest sometime in the next few weeks.
There will also be loos in the pub which should be O.K.
It's only 6 miles from the Bluebell Railway heritage steam line which is a leafy rural ride and the wonderful National Trust property and gardens adjacent to the Bluebell Line at Sheffield Park.
There may be a suitable bus to get there or even a taxi which should be a reasonable cost between the two of them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Is it far from you?
It's only 20 miles from me and on one of my m/biking routes so I'll drop in there anyway for my own interest sometime in the next few weeks.
There will also be loos in the pub which should be O.K.
It's only 6 miles from the Bluebell Railway heritage steam line which is a leafy rural ride and the wonderful National Trust property and gardens adjacent to the Bluebell Line at Sheffield Park.
There may be a suitable bus to get there or even a taxi which should be a reasonable cost between the two of them.

25 miles. We know the area fairly well but it's far enough to be a fun excursion but close enough that dropping/collecting them won't be a pain for a 2 night stay. Now need to see if they have any free dates in aug/September

OP
OP
Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
So the Mum's weekend away in our motorhome has arrived. Will shall deliver them and their welcome goodies to Giggles pub and campsite in the Ashdown Forest tomorrow morning for 2 nights. Fingers crossed they don't manage to burn it down or break anything...maybe i shouldn't have supplied alcohol šŸ˜‚
DSC_5404.JPG

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
ā€œburn it downā€ā€¦ā€¦.surely not!!!!!! But maybe you should tell your insurance company just in case. ;) :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back