Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
They say if you build it they will come!

OK had a word with SWMBO and I have the green light.

I have sent Jim an Email asking him what I have to do to set a meet up.

But before I go charging in head first.... can you help me with WHEN, and some idea of what help there will be.

This is not my meet, it would be our meet and on a similar lines to Rutland or Mistron.

So what time of the year? Spring or summer?

once I have an idea of interest.. and this is the type of meet that does not mean you are committed to it. just a rough idea for now of the interest.

Location, somewhere in the North Kent area... up to 100 motrohomes /RV's (have not posted it on RVOC yet as I want to see how we get on with MHF members first.. any type of motorhome, tent or caravan are welcome. Little rules other than saftey .. of course must be a paid up subscriber or the MHF or RVOC.

I will then look for a venue... that has:

located in North Kent if possible
Good road network,
Good access to the field.. given possible size of RV's or fivers
as level as possible field
water
disposal point for black or elsans
cost for the pitch
location for places to visit
shops and pubs etc.,
local transport
we make our own entertainment so tent provision would need to be considered.

Marshalls.. prefer two that have done it in the past or someone who will be prepared to position vehilces etc., I will within my mobility limits be involved in getting it up and running. But it is everyones meet.. and everyone would be welcome. do as much or little as you want.

So it is over to you..

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the Stbernard

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
good on ya Bob :thumb:

Probably way too far for us too be calling in on, but im sure you will get a few turn up.
But just remember,

Wherever you hold a meet---Some will moan about location not being right.

Whenever you hold a meet---Some will moan about the dates not being right

Whichever site you choose---Some will moan about knowing a better "other site"

Whatever you charge---Some will moan about the cost.

Wherever you park vans-----some will moan about their pitch.

So, ignore all that and you will enjoy doing it, and most of all your attendees will enjoy attending and you will have great fun :thumb::thumb:

As to what you need to do? just find somewhere and stick it in the calender, post a thread and away you go.......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tkly

Free Member
Nov 27, 2009
Near Stonehenge
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
9 Years
Comunity Tent

Bob
Depending on date we would be interested, I can supply a 4m x4m Marquee for the meet. :thumb:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
NNow we start to hunt for a suitable location etc.,

I will bump this post from time to time while we do the backroom work.

thanks for the advice to date and the offer of the tent etc.,

Bob:thumb:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Up date

It started off that I wanted to go to a meet in Kent, it has now turned out we are about to run a meet in Kent. I think I have been had well and truly .. but hey in for a penny etc.,

Sue - SWMBO decided to email the hop farm.. ok I know someone said they did not want to pay a lot of dosh.. they are quoting us £8.50 to £10.50 a night per rig.

So we have gone back with a long list of demands.. read request.. aiming for the end of March which does not seem to clash???? let me know if it does.

Nothing set in stone yet.. just asking for the dates.. they can take 50 motorhomes.

I know the site.. it was owned by Whitbread and used for the heavy horses in the winter.. it is now a place that has lots of shows on.. it is the hoast to the barmy army in July 7,000 vehicles in the general fields last year.. but they do have a proper camping site.. so I am checking on water, waste disposal of grey and blac.. is there EHU? usual things. It has good road links from the A21 at Tunbridge Wells.. 15 minutes and from the M20 it is 20 minutes... both routes are used by heavy trucks all day and night. Often a big boot fair in the front field. They have a restuarant and also a pub on the site and there is one across the road as well..

I will dig out the web site in due course... but before I get to deep I am waiting for them to confirm the dates.. I have indicated some from Thursday to departure on Monday .. also for members to pay on arrival direct. I am sure we will do a raffle .... get a new tents somehow or the heaters Jim has been promising us... and yes the bacon sandwiches...

Will be looking for Marshals if it goes ahead... Sundowners? Bob & Jane? anyone else? I will do what I can on the disabled scooter.. but I will do the arranging .. you have to come and enjoy yourself..

More news I hope soon.

Bob

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi Bob
If the hop-farm ends up a no-go how about here

The RVOC had a rally there, you get the pitches right by the beach and it's just off the
Thanet-way dual carriage way.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Sounds great. We have rellies in Herne Village so could combine a visit. The only trip we have set in stone for next year is Marjal. Anytime from May onwards would be good.::bigsmile: I should think that anything that could combine a trip to Canterbury would be good and Whitstable is a lovely place to visit. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Bob,
We went to the C&CC site in Crowborough in May or June.

Next door in the field was a VW campers meet. I know cos I heard them until 1 am.

I assume it had all the facilities.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Will be looking for Marshals if it goes ahead... Sundowners? Bob & Jane? anyone else? I will do what I can on the disabled scooter.. but I will do the arranging .. you have to come and enjoy yourself..

More news I hope soon.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Bob, we are not coming back from our winter trip away until end of April. Also we are only marshalling at Rutland next year as we intend doing a lot more touring of the UK.

Nigel and Pamala

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Bob,too early in the year for us, we don't get back from Spain until the end of March, then the vans in for MOT. :Doh: Our first trip is to Peterborough Show. :Smile:

Don't want to commit to marshalling, but would not see anyone struggle. ::bigsmile:

Is this a campsite or rally field you are looking at ? And you say they are quoting us £8.50 to £10.50 a night per rig.

Does that depend on size of rig and with or without electric ? Or is it on the dates you decide on.

And have you got to get so many units to go, or doesn't it matter, and the price stays the same?

And would they let you put up party tents if you wanted, and would they charge for the privilege. :Eeek:

We don't like the ones that say so much for the trailer/ extra car / awnings and dog.

As we have just been back up to Norwich to collect our daughters dog, after it bit her. :Sad: So we might have two. :cry: :cry:

Bob and Jane.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
all your questions plus some have been sent to them

Hi Bob,too early in the year for us, we don't get back from Spain until the end of March, then the vans in for MOT. :Doh: Our first trip is to Peterborough Show. :Smile:

Don't want to commit to marshalling, but would not see anyone struggle. ::bigsmile:

Is this a campsite or rally field you are looking at ? And you say they are quoting us £8.50 to £10.50 a night per rig.

Does that depend on size of rig and with or without electric ? Or is it on the dates you decide on.

And have you got to get so many units to go, or doesn't it matter, and the price stays the same?

And would they let you put up party tents if you wanted, and would they charge for the privilege. :Eeek:

We don't like the ones that say so much for the trailer/ extra car / awnings and dog.

As we have just been back up to Norwich to collect our daughters dog, after it bit her. :Sad: So we might have two. :cry: :cry:

Bob and Jane.

Thanks Bob for your input..helpful.. Sue sent an email (from work) to them and that was there first opening shot.. I sent a much more detailed one on the lines of the questions you listed plus a few extras.. dot the T's and cross the i's

It is very much an early suck it and see... note your comments and Sundowners.. it may be to early in the season... I am looking at other places as well, other dates.. this was just the first enquiries.. also want to see what sort of support for a meet in Kent might have... I see one member stayed in Crowborough.. 6 miles from here.. know it well, need to look at that as well.

I am aware Newark is on and some will be in Spain at the end of March and there is another meet up North.. so it may not be possible to do it in March .. but it is early enquiry time at the moment.. but thank you for the input same to all, need as many to chip in what they think etc.,

Regards

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back