Rally Kent and East Sussex Railway Rally. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
@peterc10

Thank you! Steve and Kat would like to come to the Rally for 3 nights please.

We live not far from Bodiam, and would like to make a further suggestion for a place to visit. Rudyard Kipling's Batemans near Burwash is a wonderful house and garden to visit. It is a National Trust site for all those members. As is Scotney Castle. We also love cycling around Bewl Water.

We look forward to your PM
@Steve and Kat

Thanks. PM/Conversation has been sent to you

Peter

Edit. Thanks for suggestions of other places to visit. In my initial post I was concentrating on those places people could easily walk, cycle or catch public transport to. But I agree that for people with the ability to cycle further or drive a car or ride a scooter there are lots of interesting and beautiful places to visit in the area. I want to get together a more comprehensive guide to give out to the rally, so any other suggestions would be welcome.

Last edited:
OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi, we are newbies and local, so would like to come along for the 3 nights , thanks Ian
@Hastingsranger Thanks for registering your interest. I have started a private Conversation with you. To view this scroll up to the top of the screen and click on your user name at the top right. Then click on Conversations in the drop down box.

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Peter, could you sign us up for this please.
@MOHO Mike Thanks for registering your interest. I have started a private Conversation with you explaining how you can get on the list. To view this scroll up to the top of the screen and click on your user name at the top right. Then click on Conversations in the drop down box.

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Sounds like a good one, please pm/ converse with the details

Mike & Ann
@Mike800966 Thanks for registering your interest. I have started a private Conversation with you explaining how you can get on the list. To view this scroll up to the top of the screen and click on your user name at the top right. Then click on Conversations in the drop down box.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Deposit payment sent as requested, thanks for organising this.
Oh and just 1 single day railway ticket please for a senior
The railwau that I volunteer at has a reciprcal arrangement so I get to travel for free!
Mike & Ann

Pmac4

Free Member
Feb 16, 2019
Kent
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 736G
Exp
Since 2018
Hi, I would be interested in this rally, can you send details... Ta

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
you would need to be a payed up subscribing member to attend a rally for insurance reasons. It's only £15 a year

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Noon Friday 28 June to noon Monday 1 July 2019

Quarry Farm, Bodiam, East Sussex TN32 5RA

The venue is in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. We are 5 minute’s walk away from Bodiam Station on the Kent and East Sussex Railway. This is a 10.5 mile heritage line running from the village of Bodiam to the small town of Tenterden in Kent. The railway will be running exclusively with steam trains on both the Saturday and Sunday of the Rally

The venue is also a 10 minute walk from the National Trust’s Bodiam Castle, which is a 600 year old moated castle in a stunning setting. Entrance is free to NT members. If you are not a member you will be able to get a discount if you have a valid ticket for the Kent and East Sussex Railway.

Quarry Farm fronts onto a length of the River Rother and you will able to fish there for free as long as you have an EA licence. In addition you can bring along your canoe or kayak and launch it for free. If you do not own a canoe or kayak you can hire them from the venue.

The farm has their own private 2 mile and 4 mile long cycle or walking routes that run through their fields and cider orchards as well as along the banks of the River Rother. These do not use any public roads. So don’t forget your bikes. If you do not have a bike you can hire them from the venue.

There will be fresh water available as well as an elsan dump tank. There are no EHUs available. Grey water can be disposed of in the hedges, but not directly onto the camping field. There are no dustbins available so please take your rubbish home with you.

You can bring your dog but it must be kept on a lead at all times when on the Farm’s land, because they have livestock, including sheep and lambs, in some of their fields. Needless to say you must pick up any mess left by your dog. Dogs are allowed on the trains with a ticket (£3 for the day).

There are several options nearby if you want a drink or to eat out.
  • Quarry Farm has serving drinks, snacks, breakfasts, light lunches and Sunday roasts. It is opposite the field we are camping in.
  • The Castle Inn is a 10 minute walk away and serves breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
  • The National Trust’s tea room at the entrance to Bodiam Castle serves snacks and light lunches every day. You do not need to pay for entrance to the Castle to use it.
Other local attractions you can visit include
  • The pretty town of Tenterden with its tree lined High Street with local shops, pubs and restaurants. It also has a Tesco and a Waitrose Supermarket.
  • Stop off at Northiam Station and you will be able to take a river cruise back to Bodiam or to Rye. Or you could visit Great Dixter House and Gardens.
  • Take a bus from Bodiam Station to Hastings for a day out at the seaside. Visit the old town for the antique shops and have some fresh fish and chips. Hastings is one of the few seaside towns that still have a beach launched fishing fleet and the tall black painted net sheds on the beach are an iconic sight.
  • Johns Cross Motorhomes are only about 5 miles away if you want to spend some of your hard earned cash on a new motorhome or some bits for your existing one at their excellent accessories shop. Don’t forget to ask for your Motorhome Fun discount in the shop.
The rally fee is £42.00 for 3 nights or £30 if you only want to stop for 1 or 2 nights. This does not include the cost of travel on the railway. We can obtain tickets for a day’s unlimited travel with a 15% discount on their normal prices. The price is £15.30 for adults and £10.20 for children (3 to 15 years old). These will need to be paid for in advance through us. If you have 2 or 3 children with you it will be cheaper to buy a family ticket at the station as we cannot offer a discount on those.

We will require payment of a deposit of £20 on booking. We will collect the remainder in cash on arrival at the Rally. If you wish to come to the rally please reply on this thread and I will start a conversation with you (i.e. a PM) giving details of how to pay, so please watch out for your alerts for that. Once you have paid, you will be on the list.

Because of the size of the venue this Rally will be limited to 60 motorhomes.

We will be holding a raffle in aid of the Kent Surrey and Sussex Air ambulance. In addition any excess we make will be donated to this good cause.

List of attendees
  1. @peterc10 Marshall
  2. @shunter Marshall
  3. @scousebird Marshall
  4. @TheBig1
  5. @icantremember
  6. @Mike B
  7. @DuxDeluxe
  8. @Viennese
  9. @Whitebirdyman
  10. @Lenny HB
  11. @Langtoftlad
  12. @grumps147
  13. @retiringjoyce
  14. @gozomike
  15. @MikeD
  16. @HandE
  17. @Centurian
  18. @DrivingMissDaisy
  19. @petenshirley
  20. @Pat and Poppy
  21. @Les
  22. @OG1
  23. @Okeyjon
  24. @Stagman
  25. @wingman
  26. @Philip Jeffery
  27. @Treeeev
  28. @Roger.m
  29. @Dukw1942
  30. @Bessie600
  31. @Bob Worsley
  32. @highwayman
  33. @Stephen Franklin
  34. @Targetpaster
  35. @Steve and Kat
  36. @Hastingsranger
  37. @patricia the newbie
  38. @Mike800966

List of Reserves
Well done Peter, such a task organising a rally/meet but you have gone big. Wishing you and Angela well
Ramon.

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
@Pmac4 Thanks for registering your interest. I have started a private Conversation with you explaining how you can get on the list. To view this scroll up to the top of the screen and click on your user name at the top right. Then click on Conversations in the drop down box.

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I just want to remind Funsters who live in the South of England that we still have places left at this Rally which is being held on the Kent/Sussex borders. We are right next door to the Kent and East Sussex railway, which will be exclusively running steam engines for this weekend, as well as the National Trust's magnificent Bodiam Castle.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back