Rally Kent and East Sussex Railway Rally. (1 Viewer)

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
We had an uneventful journey home and we are now safely back at base.

A huge thank you to our three pairs of marshals over the weekend who all did a fine job:clap2:, but particularly to Peter & Angela for finding such a spectacular venue and arranging the wonderful weather:sun:, along with the enormous amount of preparatory work beforehand. (y)

It was great to meet up with so many Funster friends, old and new .... and would add my very grateful thanks to all those who gave help and support after I hurt myself tripping over Peter's man trap.:cheers:
So glad you got back ok. We had an extremely slow run back through the tunnel, even though we left so late, but happy that was us rather than you (y)
Catherinex

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
What a lovely place Peter found, smashing weekend.
Thanks to Peter & Angela, Helen & Alan & Nev.

Finally arrived at daughter's in-laws farm after stopping 3 times to stop flap on water inlet flapping about appears to have lost one of its magnets.
Relaxing now with family.
IMG_20190701_161358_NR.jpg

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
What a great meet. We had a wonderful time. Meet some great new friends and some old ones as well. Thank you to all the marshals . You did a great job. And thanks to all for putting up with our noisy and over friendly puppy. Looking forward to another meet there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just to let you know that this Rally produced a surplus of £491.35, including the proceeds from the raffle as well some further donations. I have paid that amount to the Air Ambulance today and I will post a copy of the certificate they will send me when I receive it.

Angela and I would like to thank you all for your generosity that made this possible, and I also pass on the thanks from the Air Ambulance that I got on your behalf today. We would also like to thank you all for the nice comments you have made about the rally both on site and subsequently on the forums.

Finally we would also like to express our special thanks to our helpers, Helen, Alan, Nev and Sandra. Without all their hard work we could not have done it.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Just to let you know that this Rally produced a surplus of £491.35, including the proceeds from the raffle as well some further donations. I have paid that amount to the Air Ambulance today and I will post a copy of the certificate they will send me when I receive it.

Angela and I would like to thank you all for your generosity that made this possible, and I also pass on the thanks from the Air Ambulance that I got on your behalf today. We would also like to thank you all for the nice comments you have made about the rally both on site and subsequently on the forums.

Finally we would also like to express our special thanks to our helpers, Helen, Alan, Nev and Sandra. Without all their hard work we could not have done it.

Well done Peter and the helpers, sounds like a wonderful event ,lots going on. and donations to a worthy cause.

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Any plans to repeat this rally this year? Cant see it listed

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I am afraid that we are not going to be able to run this meeting this year, much as we would have liked to.

For some years now Angela has been increasingly suffering with her hips, and we have been trying to get them sorted out. That is why I have remained silent as to whether or not we would be running this again. We have recently moved forward on this and it looks like she will be having a hip replacement in the early spring. If her recovery is slow then she will not be very mobile come the summer, and I will have my hands full looking after her. And if her recovery is good they are saying that she should have the other one replaced as well a month or two after the first! If that is the case then again I doubt she will want to be on her feet all day in the summer.

I have still put our names down for a few rallies organised by others in the hope that she will fit enough to be able to attend them, but we do not want to risk organising one for ourselves and then having to let everybody down.

For these reasons we do not want to commit to organising this for this year. However, all being well I would hope to organise it again in future years as the venue was very good and everybody seemed to enjoy themselves.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
peterc10 all the very best to Angela for a speedy recovery. My sister had a hip replaced 2 weeks before Christmas and went back to work last week.
They make sure you are up and walking the day after the op. Then its waiting for the wound to heal. The glue or cement used sets rock hard in an hour or 2. No pain from the hip itself, just the muscles round it.

My sister is walking better now than 10 years ago. It really transforms lives

Waiting to get both mine done when i reach my target bmi. A big struggle but worth it

Jul 30, 2017
Romney Marsh (St Mary's Bay)
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry to hear of your troubles Peter. You have our utmost sympathy we hope all goes well for Angela and that she is up and about as soon as possible. Sad about the meet but health overrides all other activities.

Bernie and Christine

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
We hope all goes well. And that she is up and chasing you around as usual. We wish you all the best.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back