Rally Kelso Rally 16 - 19 June 2017 (1 Viewer)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
hi everybody, we got back home to doncaster around 4pm ish, and are reflecting n the wonderfull time we had for our first trip to scotland land, thanks to Helen & Martin for hosting a fantastic event and to all the funsters who made it so speacial.......

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just arrived back home and want to add our thanks to Helen, Martin, Nade and Steve for a great rally. We both thoroughly enjoyed it and meeting old friends and new ones as well. To those new ones I can only apologise for everything I said and did.

Completely agree with the suggestion of deposits and I think it is time these were used for all meets and rallies. People who do not even bother to let the organisers know they are not coming to a rally or meet they put their names down for should be ashamed of themselves. You know who you are!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I have written thank you cards to Scottish Borders Council for giving me the leaflets for the info packs and all their help (I'll be hassling them again next time) also to The Racecourse (the receipt for the camping fee will be scanned and posted once I receive it) and finally an email has been sent to the local paper thanking the people of Kelso for the welcome we received.

I can't guarantee the weather next time of course but will ask once we have dates sorted :) Kelso really has to be the first or last of any Scottish Rallies.

EDIT: The Racecourse were really surprised at how far people had come!!!

Sep 30, 2008
Funster No
Thank you Helen and Martin. 'Twas a lovely rally, icing on the cake was the lovely sunshine. The new funster chefs did a great job and the dance teacher tried her hardest to make silk purses.
We met some more very nice people and had a good laugh or two or even three..

Thanks again Helen and Martin, a memorable rally.

Anne & Malc

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just wanted to add our thanks for a great meet, just the right size to meet people and join in or just sit quietly, good organisation and such helpful organisers.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Almost done with the admin for this rally! I am still waiting for the receipt for the camping fee (I emailed them earlier today as a reminder). The local paper also published a letter of thanks from the ralliers and I will post that here along with the camping fee receipt.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
@Scout You mean you didn't hear about the bus museum rally goings on???? I was so tired when we got home I slept 13 hours .......

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Where do I start?

Leaving aside personal issues and only one name mentioned......

Chef went AWOL and a replacement had to be found at very short notice.
A trip to A&E for stitches by one of the attendees (many thanks to Sue for taking the person concerned to hospital - and it wasn't me)
A lost dog (later found @irnbru )
A lost set of keys

BUT a great party for Amanda :)

and all that before we left to take Scott to the airport for his flight home on Sunday.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
The keys weren't' exactly lost. They were in my body warmer pocket which I had taken off when the temp got to 70F LOL
Chef went AWOL and a replacement had to be found at very short notice.

And that was Helen(y)

No one else knew about the AWOL until Helen had almost completed it. Had I known then I would have got her some help. Not me though cos I can only cook an egg:LOL:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
The keys weren't' exactly lost. They were in my body warmer pocket which I had taken off when the temp got to 70F LOL
And that was Helen(y)
No one else knew about the AWOL until Helen had almost completed it. Had I known then I would have got her some help. Not me though cos I can only cook an egg:LOL:

boiled or fried

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
A great rally thanks to all concerned, Charlottes request for a Drone for Christmas fell on deaf ears, new tack trying to persuade Grandma I need one so she can help grandad fly it. Nice one Sandra been wanting one for years.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
And finally the receipt from the racecourse! Better late than never.

Attachments

• Motorhome Fun Rally 2017 Receipt.pdf
    222.8 KB · Views: 16

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back