Keeping up appearances in the MH

Cobweb

Free Member
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi funsters

A friend is in the process of getting a MH and one of the things that came up was doing ironing in the MH . I had to admit to having an iron as well as an ironing board in the garage which has been used maybe once or twice in 6 years.
My friend was horrified since he must have his shirts ironed and will not wear man made materials . Our wardrobe mainy consists of outdoor gear from Rohan ,Graghoppers and Columbia etc which can be washed and dried in minutes and no ironing necessary . Shorts , shirts and teeshirts in the summer and fleeces and gilets and baselayers for the winter . Years of roughing it on boats and Motorhomes has pretty much dictated the style . We do have one decent smart casual outfit but often it stays in the wardrobe unused . I would like to know how everyone else copes with trying to keep up appearances in the MH since it seems that we gave up trying long ago .

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
MH
Coach Built
Exp
since 2007
Had a travel iron in previous MH but never used it . If you fold t shirts carefully or even roll them they should stay fairly crease free. Like others I do keep on "going out" outfit in should the need arise. Don't iron at home either only if going somewhere special and really does need ironing. I have more things to do with my time , you never know if its gonna be your last

SOS

Funster
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
I'm a newbie
As I am always suited and booted for work I am quite happy to be a scruff bag when I am away. Can't think I would need to take an iron with me. Still put my make up on every day though!(y)

sdc77

Funster
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Got an iron and use it sometimes..
As we often use club sites or larger sites they tend to have laundry facilities anyway

big bertha

Funster
MH
pvc
Exp
since 2012
Used to iron hubby's shirts when he worked and used to leave piles of neatly ironed and folded clothes for daughters but then saw how they stuffed them in drawers so stopped. I don't iron now unless something really needs it and only on day of use. In the motorhome shirts get hung up so if they come out of home in reasonable state they stay that way in MH.(y)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
MH
None
Exp
10 years
As I am always suited and booted for work I am quite happy to be a scruff bag when I am away. Can't think I would need to take an iron with me. Still put my make up on every day though!(y)
Same here ( apart from the make up)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Wouldn't go anywhere without my trouser press never mind without an iron. How do you people go out for dinner if you are unable to dress for it :rolleyes:. I know of one funster that even carries a pale blue tuxedo with him, wont name names of course :).

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Wouldn't go anywhere without my trouser press never mind without an iron. How do you people go out for dinner if you are unable to dress for it :rolleyes:. I know of one funster that even carries a pale blue tuxedo with him, wont name names of course :).
I think times change to be honest

I remember saying to my old senior partner - " I am not wearing a tie for the dinner tonight"

He replied " But we are sitting down for dinner" as if I was committing a cardinal sin.

I still didn't wear a tie.

You can take the boy out of Wales etc...

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services