Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
A couple of times a year I wander around on the roof with a mop and a bucket of suds and do the roof as well at the same time. :)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
@DBK I realised it was in fun. But a couple of large blobs from an incontinent seagull could cause considerable loss of power I would have thought

images

An interesting thought, but when I cleaned my roof (and panels) yesterday there was not a single 'poop' on there.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I carry one of those telescopic ladders though when I'm at home I use my single ladder with a blanket on the awning case but I have found that I can also climb out through the largest hatch.........

IMG_0398_800x600.JPG
IMG_0390_800x600.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I carry one of those telescopic ladders though when I'm at home I use my single ladder with a blanket on the awning case but I have found that I can also climb out through the largest hatch.........

View attachment 105022 View attachment 105021
Next time you are in Kent, please stop by as I have a little job for you. :D

Interesting about putting it on the awning case though. So that is strong enough then?

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
An interesting thought, but when I cleaned my roof (and panels) yesterday there was not a single 'poop' on there.
But you landed gentry up on the forest can get your gamekeeper to keep the pheasants (and peasants) away from the house and motorhome. :D:D

BTW when are you are off on your jaunt up to bonnie Scotland?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

We have posh seagulls in Sussex don't we, they only aim for my car and the bright white bits on the van not interested in dull black panels.:D

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
But you landed gentry up on the forest can get your gamekeeper to keep the pheasants (and peasants) away from the house and motorhome. :D:D

BTW when are you are off on your jaunt up to bonnie Scotland?

We head Up North on Friday - picking up my sister and brother in law (you met them in Cornwall) en route.

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We head Up North on Friday - picking up my sister and brother in law (you met them in Cornwall) en route.
If you are anywhere near Falkirk between 20th and 23rd pop in to see us all at the wheel. Probably still be in the wilds of the North though I suspect.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
If you are anywhere near Falkirk between 20th and 23rd pop in to see us all at the wheel. Probably still be in the wilds of the North though I suspect.
We've only got 2 weeks for this trip, and are therefore only going to Skye, Harris and Lewis (stearing clear of NC500 as I suspect its going to be very busy, having been widely publicised)- Falkirk is the opposite side of the country, so not really feasible.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
How will you clean the panels with your leg in plaster after falling off the ladder? Just leave it to the British weather to clean it when out and about. :)

Agree,much better to lose a tiny bit of power than to have a broken leg!!
Luckily near where I live there is a jetwash with a gantry,however I learned the hard way to keep the wand well away from the roof windows.
However some of the rain we get in Portugal is plenty enough to get the dust off!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
All of this so far is Ok for just dirt and dust, but what about getting bird shit off?

Self adhesive UV proof stickers, one per panel (y)

no-shitting.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back