Cat53
Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
We are both feeling a bit flat and disheartened now. Time for a break I think. Maybe a cup of tea! Steve has gone to bed!

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
The
We are both feeling a bit flat and disheartened now. Time for a break I think. Maybe a cup of tea! Steve has gone to bed!

The right van will turn up !!! Just be patient as it can take a while. Just don't rush in and buy the wrong one for the right reasons !
There are lots of dealers so why not contact the ones near to you and tell them what your requirements are. They may be offered vans in PX that suit you.
Dealers sometimes may not take in older MHs this time of year as its money sat in the yard. But if they have a customer in mind they may contact you. Also point out a certain amount of work is acceptable if it means getting one within ... And I say this with respect your limited budget. Again some dealers may not take in vehicles within that range..
Do a round robin Email to all the dealers within say 70 miles of where you live.
You have nowt to loose .

If I see anything that might suit you I will let you know..

Good luck !!

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
Any advice? Please?

This "could " be worth further investigation, the back looks like it would open up as a large door, do not know if it is auto or not, could maybe convert it?

Broken Link Removed

It says "open to offers".

Do not get too despondent, it is a mine field out there, it would help if we knew what sort of budget you were thinking of (y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cat53
Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Thank you all. Had a long chat with Terry today. We are going to go for the Winnie. The price is great and Steve can access the drivers cab and the habitation area without modifications, plus it's automatic. We both feel that this will be our taster van. If we hate motor homing we haven't committed a vast sum of money to it and would hopefully recoup what we have spent. This model works for us and it's not huge.

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
Thank you all. Had a long chat with Terry today. We are going to go for the Winnie. The price is great and Steve can access the drivers cab and the habitation area without modifications, plus it's automatic. We both feel that this will be our taster van. If we hate motor homing we haven't committed a vast sum of money to it and would hopefully recoup what we have spent. This model works for us and it's not huge.

As long as you are happy that is all that matters, whatever suits you, good luck with the conversion (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back