Jul 5, 2008
south west
Funster No
MH
RV C class
Exp
4+ 30 years tugging
Hello guys
We are planning a trip to the USA and the question is what is the easiest/cheapest way to stay in touch with the UK, we have laptops and are set up with skype but we have aged relatives who have only just learnt how to use a phone,

Loddy:Smile:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
You can still use Skype to call from the States to a UK land line or mobile. It costs, but not as much as a normal phone call.

You have said your relatives are elderley however you may be surprised at their ability to learn. Skype is the way.

Bear in mind, when I was a lad we wrote letters, it can still be done. :whatthe:

Jim
:Smile:

OP
OP
Loddy

Loddy

Free Member
Jul 5, 2008
south west
Funster No
MH
RV C class
Exp
4+ 30 years tugging
Well I aint going to buy them computers, letters are good but her indoors likes to chat
:Doh:

Loddy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
It looks like you are going to teach them about SKYPE:ROFLMAO:
They will be totally amazed at how it works ----------for free-----------how long are you going for ?? Will you be touring ??
It is quite easy to pick up wi-fi in most places-------I don't know if you can do it----- but if you can organise your times---could they call you from a library internet ? ---just a thought.
If they can text maybe you can arrange times.
We knew what times our daughter would normally be on-line so just skyped those times (when we had wi-fi)-----------if you are travelling accross Country----don't forget to allow for clocks changing::bigsmile:
Nigel & Pamala

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back