Keeping Cool (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Just moved up to north of The Ebro Delta,,,last week it has been very hot in Spain.. How do you stay cool in the van at night without air con?? BUSBY:D2:D2

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
12v two speed fans from Hella. Chartered a yacht in Turkey a couple of years ago and they had them mounted in the cabins. Found them on Amazon.Com and half the price of the Uk ones so ordered two. They move the air round and are not to noisy. Keeps everything COOL.

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
Endless Breeze fan with a block of ice in a tupperware dish sitting in front of it. Also works for keeping the dogs cool during the day. Just refill the dish and stick it in the freezer to use again.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Just moved up to north of The Ebro Delta,,,last week it has been very hot in Spain.. How do you stay cool in the van at night without air con?? BUSBY:D2:D2

Go somewhere cooler.:giggler::giggler::giggler:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Endless breeze fits perfectly into the bedroom roof light. Works a treat.

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
I've got a selection of muslin squares - take up no room at all. I soak them, fold them and put them in the freeze box. When I feel I just can't bear it for a moment longer I get one out, put it on my head and sit there breathing in joy of the cold air - if I'm feeling extra generous I lash one on the dog too! The joy only lasts about fifteen minutes but oh boy, it's wonderful while it lasts!

I met a Portuguese guy and I asked him how he coped in the summer and he said they wet their sheets and put them in the freezer all day while they are at work and just before they go to bed they get them out and jump into bed. Mad eh? :)

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Go somewhere cooler.:giggler::giggler::giggler:

Listen you.

I left Portugal a month earlier this year to escape the heat. I left in April and it was the hottest April since records began so I raced (at 80kms an hour top speed) to Spain where it was the hottest May since records began so I raced to France….

Can you guess the next bit?

So shutup. Just shut up. :)

And… (see, I'm not finished) I got to Folkestone yesterday morning and it was forecast nearly 30 degrees so I raced up to near Birmingham this morning and guess what?

29 degrees forecast for tomorrow.

I'll give you 'go somewhere cooler'!

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
That's easy, go on holiday to Scotland.........Job done lol. ::bigsmile::cold::cold::cold:

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Its really hard in a van to keep cool, we tried everything, had an evaporative fan fitted in the Hymer roof, its was just blowing warm air despite putting ice in the water compartment. It was good until the weather was really hot, as it was in Munster that year. Think the humidity has also something to do with it.

We resorted to putting lots of wet flannels in the freezer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back