KAZIMONDO

Free Member
Apr 15, 2014
MANCHESTER
Funster No
MH
CREWE BUS CONVERSION
Exp
Hi I am a newbie just bought a Crewe bus conversion, unfortunately it leaks bad:cry: so i thought you guys could help what is the best way to make it water tight, what materials or is there a company near Manchester who specialize in repairs, but not too expensive, the van cost allot, so very little left, Cheers
:Smile:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Where's it leaking, is it a van if it is leaking isn't usually a problem, what do you meen by a lot of money, is it warrentied, get back to them

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi welcome to fun, if you don't get the info on this thread try starting another one with " Leaks in van ". or something like that, for the title then the technical folks out there will look in, like chaser says the more info the better. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello welcome to the forum. It's forecast a nice dry week, so you may still get to use it, without getting wet:thumb:
Till you fix it:winky:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
HI AND WELCOME :thumb:you say it's leaking all over can you be more specific IE leaking from roof vent or from a side window etc ? If it's a roof vent remove the internal covers and unscrew it then from the top get something like a paper scraper to gently cut through the sealant and lift it-clean it all down and get some none setting mastic or caravan seal/tape then refit :thumb:While it's off check how wet the ceiling boarding is - chances are you may have carpet on the roof which is easier to dry out -some pics may be more helpful
terry

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
as its a crew bus, it can only be leaking through parts where the roof has been cut, unless its been damaged. non setting mastic tape should be used to bed in any skylights or vents. if something has punctured the roof, a sheet of aluminium bonded down over the hole with sikaflex will work. i used this method to waterproof a crack in a hightop van once and permanently fixed it

a photo of the leaking area would be a great help to be able to offer more specific advice

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back