Free Member
Feb 12, 2014
Lanarkshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Guys after a fantastic Holiday at Ardmair Point north west Scotland the jewel in the crown would have been a Kayak so with that in mind what are your thoughts and any suggestions as to what one I should get
Thanks

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
there are a number of things to consider, your age/weight, how you intend to use it and where. Do you want to dive/snorkel/fish off it, travel long distances. How do you intend to carry it. answer all of the above for a reasonable reply to your original question.

OP
OP
Gauntlet

Gauntlet

Free Member
Feb 12, 2014
Lanarkshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just for pleasure I think a sea kayak as it's more versatile and I will carry it on the roof bars of the motor home I'm 6ft so it has to be up for the job I was looking at a Perception Expression 15

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
We've had Feelfree nomads for the last 4 yrs. They tour well on lakes, rivers, canals, miles out to sea and also surf brilliantly on the waves when you want to play. We've dived off them, snorkelled off them, eaten lunch on them and had amazing wildlife encounters. Can't go wrong :)

Sep 5, 2013
Dordogne, france
Funster No
MH
Rapido 696FF
Exp
since 2013
We have an inflatable Sevylor Tahiti two person kayak, not heavy, and fits in the storage lockers no problem.
We have a high volume Sevylor inflation pump, not expensive, and its really easy to inflate and deflate.
Its been on rivers, lakes and reservoirs in this country and France.... and its quite stable too even in a fairly good swell and wind.

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Hi I own
A Jackson Karma Creek Boat
A Jackson Allstar Playboat
A Jackson Journey Crossover Tourer/Sea Kayak
There is no such thing as a boat for everything so knowing what your going to be using it for is the key as none of these was my 1st boat as my old Dagger Axiom was the wrong choice.

I would suggest before you go & buy that you go & find your local club & try some boats & gets some tuition as knowledge is key & the water can be dangerous.

If you still haven't decided then a Sit On Top SOT would be best as you wont get trapped in it upside down & can easily right it & climb back on all other kayaks will require some form of training to perform self recoverys.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back