Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Am I the only Karmann Colorado owner on here?? would be great to hear from other owners or prospective owners. There is a dedicated site for the Karmann Mobil brand but it seems the site is run by one person which means one persons views.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I owned a Karmann Missouri back in 2003.. had it for two years until we bought an RV for full time..

build quality.. as good as they come.. what else do you want to know ?
B0000098.JPG B0000087.JPG B0000528(1).jpg B0000530(1).jpg IMG_0950.jpg IMG_0952.jpg IMG_0954(1)(1).jpg

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I got excited there. I thought you were writing about theKarmann Corrado!! I had a VR6 automatic until two years ago and was a member of the VW Corrado club. I do so regret getting rid of it - I'd had it from new - one careful lady owner etc. I now have a very sensible Toyota Hybrid and it's not nearly so exciting to drive. Hey Ho the joys of hindsight.

Pamela

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Oh Pamela you sold it, what a shame....that was one of my most desirable motors of all time, that and an Audi 90 Quattro, very rare sight these days for both.

Fitzwell

Free Member
Oct 12, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Karmann coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie ish
Hi bbm. I have a Colorado 600. Is yours the one from Simpsons with the leather interior ? I dip in and out of the Karmann site but mainly use this site, hope your pleased with your van. I don't think there are that many karmanns over this side of the channel

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Hi Malloney, good to hear from a fellow Colorado owner.
My van is the 660, a 2005 model it has a rear lounge setup. I am also on the Karman site but to me is seems to be mostly about the early models, difficult to get involved because I am not a rally type of person. This site is very active with good advice and plenty of banter. Is your van one of the late models using the facelifted T5's. I have only owned mine since February and in that time I have only seen one other and that was turning off the M40, I was in my car at the time.

Fitzwell

Free Member
Oct 12, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Karmann coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie ish
I was in that area mid September as we went to Cornwall for a week as a maiden voyage to check everything, so could have been me, yes I have the facelift t5. Thought exactly the same as you on the karmann owners site, I once had a vintage Kawasaki 900 and used owners clubs then and found it useful to get info and spares , but this forum has a nice variety. Don't know why but thought yours was a 550, I bet that extra space comes in handy ,had some very minor repairs to sort but basic structure seems wel designed and built so happy bunny so far, happy with yours ?

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
I saw the other Karmann in early summer so it would have been another owner. I am thrilled with mine, I always wanted a T5 camper and when we decided to go for a motorhome is was fate that one appeared on the web that had a VW platform, the wife got her motorhome and I got my T5 dream. It was a lot of money for a 2005 van but worth the money because of the build quality so now I get the joy of posh camping and fit in with the VW camper guys, I hope to do one of the VW festivals next year. So far only done the one touring trip which was to Scotland, it performed very well returning at least 25mpg. I am guessing you purchased your van new, what made you go for the Karmann.

Fitzwell

Free Member
Oct 12, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Karmann coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie ish
"It's all about the base" as they say. I've had a T5 for several years and wouldn't buy anything else from now on, started by looking at Topaz conversion with a rear washroom then decided campers were going to be too small for longer trips and then was seriously looking at AS Sandhurst. And by chance came across Karmann, and then searched for nearly a year, quite handy that so few t5 coachbuilts were made as it made choosing a lot easier. There's a big VW fest close by (whitbread hop farm) every year but I missed it this year ,I wonder how many VW funsters turn up at these events ?. Haven't done an accurate mpg yet but my other 05 t5 does about 30mpg. Being a work van it's often fully laden and I tend to plod along these days. Be good to catch up at a meet and let me know if yer ever in this neck of the woods

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back