Karcher window vacuums for windscreen? (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
they are trying to buy a Karcher window cleaner while in France, trying to find who sells them

or do you have another brand? :)
Heck you have quoted me before I had corrected my post LOL !
Probably lots of other brands but if cheaper , it might mean it's going to fall into bits within 50 uses ! I don't personnaly know any... I use the newspapers to clean anything called window/screen

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I've been meaning to ask this for a while.
We use a silerscreen and dont get condensation but I realise these aren't for everyone. But if your windscreen gets condensation overnight surely it must run down it before you vacuum it and (eventually) cause staining and or dampness on the dash? Or not?

My thoughts exactly cannot see how having pints of water running down the back of the dash all night is a good idea.
The karcher may or may not do a good job of cleaning up the mess but Silverscreens stop it happening in the first place.
And before someone says it we use our Silver Screens on Aires all the time as do 100s of others.
Each to their own but definitely not for me.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
My thoughts exactly cannot see how having pints of water running down the back of the dash all night is a good idea.
It wouldn't be, but in our van at least, that's not what happens. The condensation forms on the screen but stays there. We've never had it bad enough to start running down the screen. Must be something to do with surface tension & the screen angle, because there is a surprising amount of water held there in total when you come to suck it off.

You do have to be careful how you remove it though, because once disturbed, it will run down the screen if you give it a chance.

The other benefit is that it keeps the inside of the windscreen beautifully clean! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
[QUOTE="TheCaller, post: 1814547,

Must be something to do with surface tension & the screen angle, because there is a surprising amount of water held there in total when you come to suck it off.

You do have to be careful how you remove it though, because once disturbed, it will run down the screen if you give it a chance.

The other benefit is that it keeps the inside of the windscreen beautifully clean! :)[/QUOTE]

Know what you mean we had an RV and had no external screens. The thing must have held a gallon of water but unfortunately it did run everywhere and caused one hell of a mess.

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
there was a thread on this at xmas in "tech mech general" I think - lots of people had/were getting one us included
ps sorry don't know how to ref a thread !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The trick with using them on a MH windscreen is to do the bottom first with the unit on the side then the rest with it upright, that way you get minimal 'piddling' ... however I'm still gonna make a proper nappy for mine! :D

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We use a Karcher in our new A class. Much quicker and easier than faffing about putting on the silver screen. Having said that the better answer is to stay somewhere warmer. We have been in Italy for the last 4 weeks and not had any condensation in the morning.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back