Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hubby's just spotted this on HotDealsUK ... might be of interest to some:

Broken Link Removed

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hens teeth!
Some London stores, Birkenhead and Penzance only stores I've found so far with stock!:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Hi Minxy Girl

Thank you for the heads up. Ordered mine online just now, collect in store at Folkestone tomorrow morning.

I would like to point out you are costing me a mint. Already this week I went into Wilkinson's for the collapsible drainer only to end up buying the collapsible bucket as well. I have also bought 72gigs of feel at home so should be able to get 36 worth during my odyssey with Helen in France. I hope Tesco will be doing the same as last year which will be good.

Can you give me a clue what I am buying next please.

All the best Clive:wine:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Minxy Girl

Can you give me a clue what I am buying next please.

Probably one of these ...

a-fishing-net_1237741.jpg

to catch the pet moths that have escaped from your wallet ...

:D2

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I hope Tesco will be doing the same as last year which will be good.

Can you expand on the Tesco offer please, as Mrs Maison's phone is with Tesco?

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Can you expand on the Tesco offer please, as Mrs Maison's phone is with Tesco?
Last year during the school summer holidays they allowed use of their phones abroad as if you were in the UK, same s Three's 'Feel at home' arrangement, I asked them when we renewed out contracts with them recently if they would be doing this again and the chap said it was possible as he'd certainly heard it mentioned in meetings he'd been in ... so fingers crossed they'll do it once more!

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
I was in Tesco yesterday and spoke to the gentleman on the desk. He said that it would be running again this year from mid June.

I have no reason to disbelieve him.

I certainly hope so!

Clive

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
For anyone using one for the first time, here is a tip for when removing condensation from a screen.

To avoid water running off the blade and into the scuttle before it has been sucked up, use the machine upside down, i.e body above blade and body held at about 45 degrees to screen. Work up from bottom of screen.

We find this avoids tricles/drips down the screen.

If you are only using the machine for condensation removal in the MH, and not for claening all the windows in the house, I think the standard one with just one battery is all that is needed not the entire kit as referred to in OP. The run time to do our huge window in our Arto 'A' Class is probably 2-3 mins., so not much battery power used.

Geoff

Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
Hubby's just spotted this on HotDealsUK ... might be of interest to some:

Broken Link Removed
Thanks for the heads up, walked into local Argos expecting the deal to be available in store but no. So using phone ordered on line whilst stood there, click and collect immediately - bargain bagged!

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
For anyone using one for the first time, here is a tip for when removing condensation from a screen.

To avoid water running off the blade and into the scuttle before it has been sucked up, use the machine upside down, i.e body above blade and body held at about 45 degrees to screen. Work up from bottom of screen.

We find this avoids tricles/drips down the screen.
... and if you have the older style Karcher make sure you put an old sock on it to act as a nappy to avoid the leaking water going everywhere ... this happens when it is anything but upright! Been there, done that ... got the 'wet' t-shirt! :D

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
... and if you have the older style Karcher make sure you put an old sock on it to act as a nappy to avoid the leaking water going everywhere ... this happens when it is anything but upright! Been there, done that ... got the 'wet' t-shirt! :D

If by 'upright' you mean blade horizontal then anyone who cannot manage that maybe should not be driving.:D

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
If by 'upright' you mean blade horizontal then anyone who cannot manage that maybe should not be driving.:D
If you haven't used the older style Karchers you may not be aware but they are notorious for 'piddling' unless they are used in the normal 'upright' position, ie with the blade at the top (horizontal), even a small tip to one side when you're clearing the screen of water can end up with it coming out of the vents in the side instead of going into the bottle ... it is a very, very well know issue.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back