Karcher K2 Pressure Washer Refurb Set £39.99 includes patio cleaner & dirt blaster (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone interested - it may be worth paying the extra £5.99 to extend the warranty from 6 months to a year?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Bought one - thanks!!
Glad you liked the deal :xgrin:Be helpful to know how you find the Karcher Outlet products & service once received - read good feedback on the web (some can be faked though) but genuine Funster feedback would be better:xThumb:

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Still waiting for delivery of mine. Bought on the 27th December, promised next day delivery on the website but as it was Christmas/New Year I was happy to allow them a bit of leeway but it's getting a bit annoying now. I did get an email a couple of days ago telling me it would be delivered yesterday, but after waiting in all day nothing arrived. I have emailed them asking for an explanation but had no response yet, so it looks like, whilst I am sure the product will be great and the price excellent the website is full of the usual empty promises.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Disappointing service but they will probably put it down to the demand :( Hope when you get the get the pressure washer it is worth the wait.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
There is still stock at £39.99 for anyone that wants a deal but prepare to be disappointed by the delivery timescales...

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Just arrived! Looks as new, so all's well that ends well. Its a bargain but be prepared for a little wait. To be fair, its rare to find a company that delivers as quickly as they boast on their website. I think its just too easy to put any kind of promises you want on line without any idea of how you actually intend to carry them out. I can think of many, many interweb promises that have been broken/ignored/forgotten.........

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Glad you liked the deal :xgrin:Be helpful to know how you find the Karcher Outlet products & service once received - read good feedback on the web (some can be faked though) but genuine Funster feedback would be better:xThumb:
Bought a k4 from outlet 18 months ago on Karcher outlet recommendation because of the far better water cooled induction motor will last and not have the same problems after numerous smaller karcher products failed and extended the warranty to 12 months for piece of mind. Yet another waste of money:mad: it went the way of all the rest as usual just outside warranty. I called Karcher customer services. Only to be told the outlet store is nothing to do with them and the goods are sub standard in the outlet store. I will not be getting another or recommending Karcher:groan:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We have had a few Karcher pressure washers as they don't last forever (depends on how much use they get) so extending the warranty (if cost effective) & paying the lowest price possible may be a good idea. We had one that started to leak because we had left it next to the garage door (inside) over a harsh winter & the residual water froze & did damage :( Even the basic ones do clean well though & the patio cleaner is an excellent attachment enabling quick even cleaning of our patio every year before it is resealed. The dirt blaster should be used with care as it's a bit fierce but ideal for cleaning the areas that the patio cleaner can't reach. The standard wand is fine for car cleaning but we do rinse first, go over with a brush & car wash then rinse off again. The patio cleaner & dirt blaster accessories alone usually cost more that the £39.99 for this pressure washer deal so with 6 (or £5.99 extra for 12 months) warranty still seems like a good deal to me :)
Surprised that Karcher deny their link with Karcher Outlet as states this on the KO website:
"The official UK outlet for refurbished and end of line Kärcher stock. All tested and guaranteed . Managed for Kärcher by JMS Group.
JMS is the parent company of Cleanstore, an independently owned website for the sales and service of many retail and commercial cleaning machines. It has been retailing the Kärcher Home and Garden range since 2005.
The Kärcher Outlet site is a secure web site for the supply of refurbished Kärcher units . Products come with a full six month Kärcher warranty which can be extended to 12 months. Refurbished Kärcher products cost far less that you would pay for an equivalent new model ."

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
I must say I was supprised with the customer service lady's atitude towards the outlet product. Made me feel as though I'd bought rubbish and I knew this before I bought. When working they are good and clean very well. At the moment John Lewis do a 5 year warranty on the K4 Eco £229. None of mine have lasted longer than 2 yrs

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Wouldn't touch one with a 10ft Karcher lance! They are notorious for leaking eventually as they have plastic containers instead of metal so short of storing them in a warm place (ie in the house) all the time and somehow getting every drop of water out of them they will eventually split.

Hubby swears by Nilfisk (I think I've spelt that right!) and hasn't had a single one back of those that he's sold (an he's sold quite a few!).

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
John Lewis rate well by Which? for customer services & aftersales & 5 years warranty is great - alternatively could have a cheapie refurb every year for 5 years for the same money :D If the refurbs last longer than a year then that's a bonus & end up with 5 sets of acccessories so could sell them to offset replacement cost! The K4 is a superior model though & wheels make it easier to move around.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Nilfisk do rate well & are Which? Best Buy along with Karchers K2 & K4 & Bosch Aquatek 1200.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Nilfisk do rate well & are Which? Best Buy along with Karchers K2 & K4 & Bosch Aquatek 1200.
The trouble with the 'Which' reviews AFAIK is that they don't take account of the 'over-wintering' problem with Karchers ... so in my and my hubby's view Nilfisk are definitely the best ones. We had quite a few people buy the Nilfisk ones from us when their Karchers had died a death due to leakage and not a single one of those people has come back to complain, in fact it has been the opposite as they'd sent others to buy them off us too!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Been using Karcher units for years now, and not had one fail on me yet.

The key thing to do, is to physically pick them up and empty the excess water from within, then they won't suffer from frost damage. A neighbour who bought one off me, didn't heed that advice only to find it leaked the next time he came to use it. :(

Cheers,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back