Kands and Geo at the Golden Lion (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Welcome to you both !

Kands and Geo arrived at the Golden Lion Last night en route home from France..
We had a great night in the pub talking about their trip and about all things RV. . and sinking a few ales

Great to meet up with other RVers .. we look forward to seeing RR and JockandRita soon..

Jim
::bigsmile:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Jim

That's great news......glad to hear they are all back safe!

Just a thought....why not grab them (if they haven't already left) and get that new awning fabric fitted up on George - Kands knows a bit about fitting awnings :winky: ! :roflmto: :roflmto:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Linda .. great idea, but it's still raining.. :Mad:

I think Keith will be in contact soon looking for awning bits.. :roflmto: I'll say no more ! :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Linda .. great idea, but it's still raining.. :Mad:

I think Keith will be in contact soon looking for awning bits.. :roflmto: I'll say no more ! :winky:

I have a vague idea.....he left me a message while I was at the Malvern show :winky: :winky:

Please pass on my best wishes to the gang Jim ::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have a vague idea.....he left me a message while I was at the Malvern show :winky: :winky:

Please pass on my best wishes to the gang Jim ::bigsmile:

I'm sure we will soon hear the stories about those 254cm wide French streets :roflmto:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Great to meet up with other RVers .. we look forward to seeing RR and JockandRita soon..

Jim
::bigsmile:

Hi Jim,

Probably this Friday for us, but will phone nearer the time to confirm. Iv'e got a meeting with my old Blue Watch at the Peterborough beer festival first. Can't wait. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Hope that George, Keith and the ladies, all had a good time. :Smile:
Jock.

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Jim
Thanks for your hospitality at the Golden Lion. We also really enjoyed the evening that we spent with you and Jan. It was great to see Chaz again, she hasn't changed a bit ::bigsmile: and Paul who has just got bigger ::bigsmile:
I wish you had mentioned fitting the awning cover mate, it would have been easy and a bit of fun, still Sharon is going to try to put up a meet at your pub in October so we will just have to do it then ::bigsmile:
Linda is getting me my replacement awing part so that will be getting sorted as soon as it arrives, you can read all about it in my holiday diary once I get it spell chocked and posted :roflmto:
Again many thanks for the welcome Jim, we are looking forward to seeing you all again soon......

Keith

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
:roflmto:
Hi Jim,

Probably this Friday for us, but will phone nearer the time to confirm. Iv'e got a meeting with my old Blue Watch at the Peterborough beer festival first. Can't wait.

Hope that George, Keith and the ladies, all had a good time. :Smile:
Jock.

Hi Jock ... looking forward to meeting you and the good lady again ::bigsmile:
I have a barrel of Hen settling nicely in time for your arrival .. :winky:

Hi Keith

Glad you enjoyed your stay, we enjoyed catching up with the latest news and gossip.. a meet here in October would be grand..

All the best to you all

Jim n Jan

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi welcome to blighty kands and rockie hope you had a great time:Smile:

ray

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks Keith for the glowing report :D

Just to remind everyone that you are more than welcome to spend a night or stay as long as you want, there are beautiful walks and a couple of very interesting churches to visit, one dating back to the 16 century.

Overnighting is FREE with a FREE WiFi , water and dumping, EHU if an emergency ..

Pool table and TV in the pub with a log fire for chilly nights.. plus great ales and home cooked food.

A warm welcome awaits you ..

Jim and Jan

Link Removed

Last edited:
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
I recognise that photo!! It is a superb pub, and the welcome is tremendous....::bigsmile:
I will be putting up a meet here for October - details to be posted here and on RVF later tonight.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Wrong Karaoke ! .. cost £40 an hour :whatthe: you need to sell a lot of ale to cover it:Mad:

:Cool: Like I said. WRONG Karaoke. Did they do entertaining themselves? Or just sat waiting for people to request a song? 15 years ago, we used to charge between £80 and £150 (much more on Xmas & New Year). The best night we had was at the end of a Competition on a Sunday night at the local Greyhound Track. Bar open from 7pm to 10.30pm. They took £6,500 over the bar. The New Year in the same venue. 450 people paid £5 each to attend the celebrations. There were more paid at the door. That was before the takings from the bar were counted. :roflmto:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Ok guys, meet now on calendar for Oct 20 - 22, sat thru mon.

No karaoke :roflmto::roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back