Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Hi, we are thinking about buying a 2017 Kampa Motor Rally Pro 260 L, just wandered if anyone has one and if you're happy with it, any problems etc?

Thanks
Michele

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Yes only had it out once but very impressed.Well made and up in around 15 minutes.Certainly a big improvement on the vango kela,at least for us

OP
OP
Shell181

Shell181

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Thanks, we bought one but have had to take it back because our height is 245cm and they start at 250cm and it just didn't fit properly, it makes a big difference 5cm, very disappointed that we can't get one. Hopefully they will bring one out that is lower, fingers crossed lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We have one.. but ours is an older model.
2 things to consider...

Height .. as mentioned above. The reccomended heights are to the awning rail .. not of the van

Your awning rail... if it sticks out from your van you may struggle to get a good tight fit against the side of the van. My understanding is that this has improved with the newer models... also be sure to get the rear upright pole set if it doesn't come as standard. .. great addition.

It's an awesome awning.. we use ours mainly for our dogs and some storage .. but it's strong.. fast to erect and dismantle and we have found it stands up to strong winds very well .. (storm straps required)

alanalmoff

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
March
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2001
We have just brought a new Kampa Pro 330L, its still in the box, do we need the upright support poles that go next to the van? until a hail and wind storm we had the Kampa Motor Rally Club 260L ( very flimsy for Beni) which included the upright poles but not the fibre poles! that help keep the roof in shape, they were an extra, a bit of a con, the only extra that we have brought now are the set of eight suckers to attach to the sides to the van.
A very good tip that that someone recently suggested, spray the awning rail with Slick or a similar non greasy lube, it aids threading the awning onto the rail
PS we still have the the old 260l complete with the small roof tears, if anybody needs it. no charge

Last edited:
May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
On the Fiamma rail of our previous van, it did cause it to stand off the van sides. We filled the gap with 2 'noodle' swimming aids, foam tubes, ÂŁ1 each from Poundland. The new van has a Thule awning, the slot in the rail is more underneath and sits closer to the van.
Very happy with the 260L, stood up to some nasty weather last year. If I'm fitting it myself, I tend to take the side doors off, less weight and easier to manage when winding the awning back up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
The Kampa Motor Rally is a good awning and comes with both 4mm and 6mm beads fitted but is too high for our van and are now only made in the Air version so expensive. Instead we bought the Kampa Rally 260 which are made for caravans but fit our van at 2.35m high, this comes with the 6mm bead only but I pulled out the 6mm and pushed in a 4mm which now fits our Fiamma awning.
Using it on Jims site at the moment.
20170527_132642.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back