Kampa Motor Rally 260L AIR Pro Inflatable Fixed Motorhome Awning (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Difference between Paul's and mine is mine takes 10 mins longer to put up with poles.
Benefits of pole version
Does not keep collapsing in high winds like a bouncy castle
Folds smaller as you don't need to roll all over it to get the air out.....oh and £280 still jangling in my pocket.
If it rips or blows away in the night I'm down £60 and will just get another from Ebay. Loads available from people who've "upgraded" to air
Would I get an air one?.. Not a chance.
Yours took 10 min longer because I was giving you a hand without me you would still be there now !!!!a sort of trip down memory lane for us converts...

Mine never blew away it merely bowed in the wind to you to show its superiority...
The fact it went away bigger was due to you and nikki failing to read the instructions I left you on how to fold it. Finding the right staff these days is getting really hard to do.
Oh and the fact there was 5 large breed dogs of which two were puppies helping you too may of delayed the process further.

The reason you ain't got a kampa air is cos your from Yorkshire and tight and spent all your money on a posh satellite...
@Silkcut1105 will be the judge at the next meet...
We will have an errection competition.

drago35uk

Free Member
Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Yours took 10 min longer because I was giving you a hand without me you would still be there now !!!!a sort of trip down memory lane for us converts...

Mine never blew away it merely bowed in the wind to you to show its superiority...
The fact it went away bigger was due to you and nikki failing to read the instructions I left you on how to fold it. Finding the right staff these days is getting really hard to do.
Oh and the fact there was 5 large breed dogs of which two were puppies helping you too may of delayed the process further.

The reason you ain't got a kampa air is cos your from Yorkshire and tight and spent all your money on a posh satellite...
@Silkcut1105 will be the judge at the next meet...
We will have an errection competition.
For the 10 mins you gain on erection I gain 20 on putting away. No air to evacuate. You'll never convince me otherwise plus as we sat in the awnings I had all this spare money to think of what to spend it on. Keep buying the air ones then I will always have spare proper ones available at bargain prices.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
come on now children .lets all get on and behave like adults, ive got the 390 with poles and must say its all i need, or i can always sit in pauls if i want to get blown about ,and i would love to sit in mikes but since i stopped smoking 9 weeks ago id be to tempted so ill just have fun watching u guys fart around pmsl

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
but i will say mikes wind breakers are brilliant .oh i heard u borrowed someones bbq last week paul was it a free trail

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Well we had some serious winds of up to 60mph here, I think I've ironed out The flexing problem by moving the guys around. Walking down for a gypsies yesterday morning I saw a VW camper lost one of those over the roof jobs and someone else had lost their out of the ark :) pole jobbies and were filling up rubble sacks with all their wet gear . I did offer my help to hold the bags open whilst they poured.All in all very pleased. I won't say I wasn't concerned at some point as I was, a good test it's had for sure. Folding up as per instruction isn't a problem and it goes straight in the bag with plenty of room for a few poles if you wanted them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

nickbailey

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Leics
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Chieftain
Exp
since 2005
We purchased the Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro 390L 2015 model and we are really impressed with the quality. During a strong wind in Cornwall in September this year, we we're amazed at the way the airbeams flexed and stood up to what would have im sure damaged poles (if they were fitted).
Our only gripe is that we have an Auto Trail Dakota with a Thule/Omnister wind out awning and when it rains water leaks into the awning down the side of the van. We are considering having an Awning Rail fitted which should alleviate the problem. Unless of course other funsters can advise etc. To sum up though a great product which sold out initially as demand was so great. Does anyone know where to get the roof lining as again everywhere we try is sold out?.
the downside to fitting an awning rail is you then need steps to feed the awning through..

any thoughts on this ?

http://www.kampa.co.uk/awning-accessories/rear-upright-pole-set
Rear Upright Pole Set
CE730203

All our lightweight awnings come complete with sewn-in bumper pads that create a seal between the awning and caravan. This seal can, if required, be enhanced with the addition of the Rear Upright Pole set. This creates an even better seal.

The Kampa Rear Upright Pole set is also useable on most non-Kampa lightweight awnings for those looking for superior quality.

Key Features

• Suits lightweight porch awnings
  • Adjustable height up to 250 cm
  • Two poles per set
  • Steel
We carry a small Step ladder anyway, useful for wiping things off the van when on site etc. We do have the rear upright Pole set and it does create a decent seal between M/H and Awning. The water running down the side of the van is where it runs under the wind out awning frame. Hence having an Awning Rail fitted. Im Still not sure though as I don't want to ruin the look of the van. An awning rail will surely look like an after market fitting.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
We bought the Motor Rally Air Pro 260 L at the NEC show at the start of the year for our little AT Tracker. Can't add much to the feedback already given, they're easy to put up, but do read the destructions first and peg out the webbing straps as directed (position under van). We have the rear poles but can't really use them due to window position (not that we've really tried though). The supplied pump will not allow over inflation. Once up they are very stable, we use ours as a wet dog refuge!
My awning rail at centre van to floor is 254cm and approximately 270cm long. I have a Kampa Rally 260 pole awning that is advertised to fit rail heights from 235 to 250cm so expected this to work at a pinch on my 2011 Auto trail Tracker but just tried it and was surprised to see that the mud skirt would not even reach the ground! So need to be looking at the 260L Air or pole awning. So would you @RowleyBirkinQC confirm that your MH is an Autotrail tracker (end kitchen) 2006 to 2015?
Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back