Kampa Motor Ace Air Pro L 2017. (1 Viewer)

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
Hi people,

just in case anybody might be pondering on buying a Kampa air awning, would just like to say that we bought one (as in title thread) to take away with us on our Christmas trip to Somers Wood in North Warwickshire.

Have to say we are very impressed so far. Having had a rigid one, ooh argh missus :LOL: on our previous motorhome which took around 2-3 hours to put up, this is very quick. First time out about 25 minutes,
apparently they should take around 10-15 minutes once you have got the hang of it.
It was quite windy where we were and it did not move.

The only downside we can think of is if you were on site for longer than 3 to 4 days, emptying of the grey water could be a problem as you cant just drive away. Seriously thinking of buying a caravan ( I know, wash my mouth out ) grey water container and decanting into this to get over the problem.
That small problem aside, it certainly is a improvement on our last awning.
As it only takes minutes to put up, can see it getting used a lot more than our old one, which in fairness due to the time it took to put up rarely got used.

So in summing up very impressed !

Next expense, a toad, but that is question is for another day, A frame or trailer, takes cover as I know this will probably start another heated debate, and we don't want people getting sent to Coventry do we people....................................................:xThumb:.

Mark & Anne.

OP
OP
Norfolk Red

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
Your wish is my command lol.

WP_20161224_001.jpg
WP_20161224_002.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2016
Herts
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Cheyenne 696SE
Exp
Hi Red,

A couple of questions if you could oblige?

We are thinking of buying a Kampa motor air ace 400 (2017 model) and I'm a bit confused about the height. Our Autotrail Cheyenne has a wind out awning fitted much the same as yours I.e. Into the recess in the side of the MH.

What height is your wind out awning fitted? Ours is around 2400mm from the ground which is lower than the specifications quoted for the 400 L
Where about does the Kampa awning slide into the Thule / Omnistor awning?

Any info would be great, thanks.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I've recently bought a 390L motor air rally pro of a funster but haven't had time to try it out yet.

John.

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Quick question
I have one as well, brilliant, worth the bucket to empty water!!
But::: the black belt or strap that runs from van to outer corner, how does it actually work? It doesn't help us at all are we doing something wrong?

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Great to see your photos as we have a Comanche of the same year and are considering purchasing one of these. What size is yours? Is it the 400L and does the model No denote it's width, ie 4mtr

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
But::: the black belt or strap that runs from van to outer corner, how does it actually work? It doesn't help us at all are we doing something wrong?

This may not be anything like the set up of your awning, but I have a drive away Kampa that has a black strap which runs across the centre of the floor, in the direction from the front (of the van) to the rear. It's there to assist in keeping the centre airframe tube square and in line with the base, when the four corners are pegged out.

Mine isn't adjustable, but when it's taught, I know the distance between the tube feet is correct and with the Kampas having removeable ground sheets, it would be easy to peg the base out of shape.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back