Kampa Awning Panel Changing Colour (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I just got one from Johns Cross Motorhomes. Cheers Peter:thumb: We'll see if any of my panels fade, but if it only happens in the sun, it might take a while:Smile:

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
I just got one from Johns Cross Motorhomes. Cheers Peter:thumb: We'll see if any of my panels fade, but if it only happens in the sun, it might take a while:Smile:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yeah we woke to 6inches of snow this morning Jim, mind you it had gone by the afternoon. We are not far from Chester where we live, so hope you all at the Chester show will be ok

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Finally got new awning thursday 5th April :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well our new Kampa awning, delivered promptly by Johns Cross, has been up for 24 hours at Chester, it really has come in handy with the odd downpour, and no signs of discolourisation at yet. :thumb:

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Well our new Kampa awning, delivered promptly by Johns Cross, has been up for 24 hours at Chester, it really has come in handy with the odd downpour, and no signs of discolourisation at yet. :thumb:[

Thats good news Jim,
It is the best model awning we have ever had thats why we opted for the exchange. :Smile:it would have been a disaster for us this weekend without it.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Well, we still not sorted.. !!!
Giving dealer till end of this week and then it's into the "not fit for purpose" - trading standard situation..:Angry:

Kampa, seem to be un-responsive....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Well, we still not sorted.. !!!
Giving dealer till end of this week and then it's into the "not fit for purpose" - trading standard situation..:Angry:

Kampa, seem to be un-responsive....

Sorry to hear that Steve, perhaps your dealers were hoping Kampa would have been more responsive.
Our dealer said as it was only 10months old he would change it as it should have not changed colour.
Many peope bought these awnings last year as they were the new model, so until they get them out again and check they wont know. Hope they do it before the 12 month waranty though.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Update its been collected today to go back to dealer. Should be a refund as dealer stated he cant guaranteed that it might not happen again, the awnings dont have any sort of markings that I could find to identify one batch from another.

Kampa still not given any input, even to the dealer as far as I know.

When packing I placed the awning with the affected panel at the top, I noticed that it felt a bit "waxy" compared to the other 2 panels.. Not sure whats going on there but other Kampa awning owners best keep a lookout in case it's a future problem waiting to happen :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back