Just Wondering How Many Funsters... (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I would take some really, really strong convincing that the police have the man power, and the desire, to search internet forums in order to try to gather evidence for a speeding charge.

Just can't see it happening... not that I care either way... I no longer break speed limits (by much).

JJ :cool:
I think you will find most of them are actually on Twitter patrol these days.;)

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
55 -60 is enough for us,occasionally up to 70 if going for a ferry but only if we have been held up. Most of the time we have our Mx5 on a trailer so max speed is 60. Bugger when being held up by a truck on any UK motorway.
retired so usually never in a rush !!

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I would take some really, really strong convincing that the police have the man power, and the desire, to search internet forums in order to try to gather evidence for a speeding charge.

Just can't see it happening... not that I care either way... I no longer break speed limits (by much).

Researching the internet is big business with modern police forces. An awful lot of crime show's up on line, which makes it the police forces bread & butter.
Think about it, to investigate it is very cheap, requires practically no man hours & produces results? I am fiends with a senior traffic police accident investigator & he tells me that they certainly DO look on social media when building a picture of a given driver who is accused of dangerous or careless driving. They even investigate each other if a complaint is made. Remember the police officer who took a "selfie" in a convertible sports car?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Can i just say in light of all of the above...
I am currently on holiday in France and it would appear my motorhome fun account has been hacked and someone is posting things on my behalf.

I never exceed speed limits ever.
Nikki has never used the toilet or shower whilst being driven
I have never knowingly broken any law in my life..
Kind regards
Reverened haggers
Inmam Haggers

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Researching the internet is big business with modern police forces. An awful lot of crime show's up on line, which makes it the police forces bread & butter.
Think about it, to investigate it is very cheap, requires practically no man hours & produces results? I am fiends with a senior traffic police accident investigator & he tells me that they certainly DO look on social media when building a picture of a given driver who is accused of dangerous or careless driving. They even investigate each other if a complaint is made. Remember the police officer who took a "selfie" in a convertible sports car?

Sorry sir... you haven't convinced me...

A driver convicted of speeding because of investigating social media... yeah right...

Mr Policeman... I once broke the speed limit... come and get me.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have always dialed in 53 on the twat nag and hit the cruise at that..
But on the way home from Wales this time I discovered if I shove it up to a tad over 60 on motorways the economy actually improves quite dramatically
Mind you, that could have been just the fact the van was lighter by the weight of a bloody window that we lost on the way home !!!!!!!!

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Sorry sir... you haven't convinced me...

A driver convicted of speeding because of investigating social media... yeah right...

Mr Policeman... I once broke the speed limit... come and get me.

I'm not interested in convincing you, what I've posted is just a precautionary note, nothing more, nothing less mate, but it's been an interesting thread.
One small footnote, I have a wealth of experience of stopping ambulances in a hurry & I think you'd agree that an ambulance & a motorhome are broadly similar in vehicle dynamics? The average weight of a Mercedes or VW ambulance is just under 5 tonnes & a lot of motorhomes are around the same. The experience of a full blown emergency stop from about 80mph is one that hopefully we'll never experience. Now I can tell you that its no picnic. So think before you drive & here's wishing everyone happy & safe driving.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I suspect maybe some wires might be crossed here Mr Ambulancekidd.

I very, very, very rarely drive above 50 mph in my classic old Hymer 660S..Mostly I go slower than that.

I have recently been on a trip of 3200 kilometres and did not overtake anything at all... not even a tractor.

The only thing I challenge is the warning about what we write on this forum in case it is used by the police against us.

I do not believe any police force is monitoring Fun for speeding Funsters. That's all.

Surely If they checking up on us, Old Mo would have been taken away years ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back