Just stumbled across this potential new scheme - worth a read (1 Viewer)

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
TBH anything that makes a MoHo harder to steal is a good idea from cobbled together home trackers to commercial ones alarms and locks. Multiple deterrents have to be a good idea whether you go with one or multiple protection šŸ‘

Edited to say with the police style badge you may get mistaken for a prison van šŸ˜‰

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
If someone wants to nick our van that badly they can have the bleeder, it's locked and alarmed.

Brother in law has got an alarm, tracker, steering wheel lock, post concreted in on the drive, wheel locks, chains on cab and habitation doors.

Chuff me, we are working and want to just chuck a bit of stuff in and use it, it would take a fortnight to get his ready just to drive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Problem is it's the inconvenience when its nicked and the cost of replacement, and if its a vehicle of value you may also get the third degree from the insurance investigators I had a 3 hour 'interview' when I had one vehicle stollen and had to give a statement and sign a document that was 'court ready' in case fraud was detected.

Having said this there was the case of a certain Lord Brocket many years ago so I guess fraud in insurance claims are not unheard of.

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Caravans use CRiS sysem, so don't know why this isn't extended to motorhomes. There is a chip fitted somewhere during manufacture with the vin number on and all the windows have the vin number etched on it.

The latter is worth doing, as it means all the windows have to be replaced if the van is stolen.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Caravans use CRiS sysem, so don't know why this isn't extended to motorhomes. There is a chip fitted somewhere during manufacture with the vin number on and all the windows have the vin number etched on it.

The latter is worth doing, as it means all the windows have to be replaced if the van is stolen.

Or re-registered in another country while one still owns it, or sells it in another country or to a resident thereof - reduces the value somewhat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back