Free Member
Jan 18, 2017
North Wales
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
started in 1993
Hi i'd like to introduce myself, i've recently lost my wife and i was getting in a rut ( staying in all the time and finding it difficult to go out) we used to do a lot of camping like touring Spain and Portugal but we gave it up 10 years ago, so now i've decided to try again, i'm hoping to try with some solo's or some meet, but it's taking that first step

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Welcome
Good on you- enjoy
I am sure there will be some solos along shortly to give you some advice

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Welcome.... there's plenty on here to keep you occupied, have a look at the rallies section there's lots to go too...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome sorry for your loss , I hope you can join us at rally's and meets.:WelcomeFlag:

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Welcome, sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. It's very hard to start again but you've taken the first step well done (y)

There are quite a few solo members on here and I'm sure they'll be along shortly.

We're going to our first rally at Shrewsbury from 10th August coincides with the flower show. It looks like good fun and not huge numbers of people attending. Being arranged by @funflair

Sorry can't post link but maybe someone else will?

OP
OP
C

conductor

Free Member
Jan 18, 2017
North Wales
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
started in 1993
thanks i pick up the van on the 3 rd of July so i'll have to see where to go

Mrs Matt on wheels

Free Member
Apr 7, 2017
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
Auto trail scout 2016
Exp
Since 2016
Hi, I'm so sorry for your loss. I have found this group so helpful, everybody seems so supportive and friendly... I hope you enjoy your travels.

Hayley

Rutland Rover

Free Member
May 20, 2017
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I am a newbie
Sorry to hear of your loss, it probably won't be easy to start with......but it is not easy to sit at home, so go for it . Good luck.

Last edited:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hello & welcome,

I am sorry for your loss, I lost my husband just a few months ago and can honestly say that I Don't know where I'd be without the help, support & friendship that we''d found on here.

Well done for making a positive decision, I know how hard it can be.

If you feel up to trying a meet this is the link to the shrewsbury one that was mentioned. It's about a 10 minute walk from the town.

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...messing-about-on-the-river-shrewsbury.145387/

If you click on the bit marked 'rallies' in the top line it will open the calendar up for you to see whats on.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Welcome to the fun house! (y)

I'm sorry to hear of your wife's passing but am pleased you feel able to get up and go out again which must be difficult.

If you can go to the meet mentioned above you can be sure of a very, very warm welcome which will probably do you the world of good.

OP
OP
C

conductor

Free Member
Jan 18, 2017
North Wales
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
started in 1993
i want to thank all of you but my grandson is getting married in August but you've made me feel welcome all ready so i will look for a meet when i get the van

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome to Fun.
Enjoy this is a great pkace for help & understanding.

Mel & Lieve

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Welcome Animated Emoticon.gif

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hi i'd like to introduce myself, i've recently lost my wife and i was getting in a rut ( staying in all the time and finding it difficult to go out) we used to do a lot of camping like touring Spain and Portugal but we gave it up 10 years ago, so now i've decided to try again, i'm hoping to try with some solo's or some meet, but it's taking that first step
A lot of us have been in the same situation ,so we realise how you feel,please come to one our meets where you will be made very welcome .having. y motorhome has made a new life for me ,I now travel anywhere in UK or Europe and meet so many solos and couples that are so friendly .dont hang back ,just do it. Roy

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome. You've taken the first step and that's always the hardest. Keep signing in to the forum and you will get to know a lot of the regulars before you meet them. Hope that doesn't put you off! :D

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good on you mate,,, hope you enjoy your new van, and all your times away in it!!

Xx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back