Just Planning My Little Adventure (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Well, now I have plenty of spare time, I’m gonna make the most of it.

Have been checking all the logistics (flights, hotels & ferries etc) and all fall into place, so time to start booking.

So, me & Elvis will be setting off around 5th December in the LMH with the bike loaded up.
Heading down through France and further down to Almeria in Spain.

Planning to take around 5 days to do the 1,300 miles. That will get me there, just in time for this ...

http://www.focusedevents.com/trackd...6afa5f3a0623a5ee102faeeae42893bd48431ef07c4a4

After a few days of lunacy, I will be heading over to Cadiz.

Hmm, now it just so happens that there is a ferry from Cadiz to Lanzarote, so seems daft not to go over for a bit to see me dad :)
Ferry on 16th December.

Will have a few days chilling and wild camping. You can camp anywhere you like over there :)

To add to the fun, Penny will be flying in on 23rd.

We’ll be having 5 nights in a nice hotel, then 6 nights wild camping again. We both love a quiet BBQ by the beach and lots of quiet and solitude.

Elvis will be getting lots of walkies :)

Then Penny will fly home on January 3rd and I’ll stay another week. Then get the ferry back to Cadiz and head back to Almeria for some more lunacy :)

http://www.focusedevents.com/trackd...d729e1a02d3c2a3154d297e45fdcc9b499558e800e33d

Then slowly meander home :)

I’d have been doing 2 overseas trackdays anyway. So I’ll be saving 2 sets of flights and hotels and bike transportation.

And the cost of the ferry to & from Lanzarote will be negated by me not needing an expensive Xmas flight and not needing 6 nights hotel.

Can’t wait.

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
That sounds fun. Have a great time.

The ferry cost isn't as much as I expected it to be.

I like some parts of Lanzarote. I stayed in Playa Blanca in a posh hotel once.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Can you just book track time instead of the whole package Yorick ?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
That sounds like a good plan, have a great time, post us some pictures when you can . Enjoy. (y)

mrhappydog

Free Member
Dec 30, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner IT728G
Exp
Can the dog travel in your cabin to Lanzarote? How long is the voyage on the ship?

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Sounds great Yorick,

we did the first or one of the first, Focused off road trips to France, Cherbourg - coutance if I remember correctly via st-mere eglise?, Excellent times,

we were all mates on KTM 200 exc's so shared all the spares, so one of our group SP ex superbike rider manages to rip his clutch slave cylinder off the very first morning!!!, still rode the rest of the weekend though

Have a great time and stay safe

Andy

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Well we've had a bit of an adventure on Saturday. The tensioner pulley on timing decided to self destruct chucking off the belt yesterday.

We got recovered OK but all garages were closed. Green Flag pay for hotels, but nearest dog friendly one was 30 miles away and we have to pay taxi. So we moved van 200 yards to supermarket car park and got pissed and kipped in van.

Sunday we found a hotel today in town, but all full. So we've brought van into town and having a slap up meal as we get a free one on the breakdown cover.

Went to Ford just up the road today and luckily mechanic was English and they've ordered parts for us and will be here tmrw at 3:00.
so we got a room at this nice hotel and just supping our cheap booze from supermarket and will have another free meal tonight.

The food here is amazing :)

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Well we've been here in Xabia for 2 nights and planning 2 more.

We found a sort of semi official free camping car site 200 yards from beach.
Also met up with a couple from Bradford who we used to go bike touring round Europe with many years ago.

Nookie lived here for 8 years so been showing us round. Food and beer is cheap and last night had a great bbq :)

18c and sunny today and sat outside a bar with freewifi :)

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
How did you get your ferry so cheap. I just looked at Cadiz to Tenerife for January into February. Had to be below 2.8 metres (I'm not quite) and I was quote £838.

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
How did you get your ferry so cheap. I just looked at Cadiz to Tenerife for January into February. Had to be below 2.8 metres (I'm not quite) and I was quote £838.
Not sure. Trybooking the 16th Jan and see what happens.

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Well. 4 great days in the sun with 3 of my oldest pals.
Got free wifi here in curry house :)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Glad you are having a good time and the breakdown didn't faze you.

Safe continuing travels.

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Set off today to get to Almeria so we could pop to circuit tmrw to see what's going on.

Found out that we can stay on circuit the whole 4 days, in the camper. Can even leave Elvis in the van if we are sensible :)

It's up in the hills so we can BBQ in the setting sun :)

So we are now on a superb beach campsite about 3 miles south of Almeria, hence free wifi :)

On the whole trip so far ( 2 weeks) we have only paid for 2 nights camping and bext 4 are free :)

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Great photos and just love Elvis! :h: Bet you would rather be back at work in UK than over here! :laughing:
Have a great time. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back