Free Member
Mar 1, 2017
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2014
Hi, I've just joined. I bought my first campervan just over 2 years ago, and very soon realised I should have done about 2 years research first. I'm now looking seriously into changing it, hence joining this forum in the hope of finding lots of useful advice!

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
:HelloThere: And. :pink:

From South Wales

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF

Most people on here have learned from their own mistakes so you are in good company!

OP
OP
G

goodmorrow

Free Member
Mar 1, 2017
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for all the messages of welcome! Here's a bit more about me.

A little over 2 years ago I said to my wife, "Wouldn't it be nice if our MPV had a loo ... and a fridge would be useful too ... oh and a bed for folk festivals. Oh - that's called a campervan!"

But we still wanted it to be primarily an MPV, so we got a pop-top VW T5, and got a removable middle row of seats added in front of the rock'n'roll bed, so it could seat six.

And it's been very useful, but I've learnt some things since. Firstly, that even a pop-top gets into very few multistoreys, so we might as well have a high-top, with the extra storage, insulation, and head-room that brings. Secondly, that folk festivals have no EHU and horrible showers, so I really want night heating, hot water and a washroom. And thirdly, that we've used the full six seats all of three times in 2 years.

And so the search for a new one has begun. I went to the NEC last week, saw lots there. But I still want it to be my everyday vehicle, at least 4 seats and not too long (maybe 5.5 metres max), and this does narrow the field a bit. The search is hotting up ...

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Welcome.

I would be tempted to start a new thread "looking for ideas" or something similar.

Lay out what it is you are after. 4 berths, 4 seat belts, diesel, rear lounge, fixed bed, solar panels, under 3500 kgs, gaslow, Price range 10-20k, service history, Peugeot,

What you ll probably find is someone on here has one for sale or knows where one is and people will look out for one for you. I think more people view "Motorhome Chat" than "Introduce yourself" and ensure you take a look in the "For Sale" section. Also worth having a look in the media section to see other peoples vans to give you some more ideas

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
you can get 5 belted seats in a mwb pvc with a swivel double seat and rock and roll bed with belts dont think you will get six in that size unless you have a full width rnr seat made with 3 but that would fill the van with little other space

OP
OP
G

goodmorrow

Free Member
Mar 1, 2017
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks again for all the welcomes!

Thanks especially for the ideas. I'll start a thread in Motorhome Chat.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Thanks again for all the welcomes!

Thanks especially for the ideas. I'll start a thread in Motorhome Chat.

Hello :welco: to get the best out of the forum for reaserch discounts etc. It's worth becoming a full member which would allow you to post as many times as you want ask questions, use all the recourse facilities, other wise you will only get 5 free posts then become a read only member. Best ÂŁ15 a Motorhome owner/researcher can make.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Hello and welcome, remember when deciding what van it is layout, layout, layout.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
And so the search for a new one has begun. I went to the NEC last week, saw lots there. But I still want it to be my everyday vehicle, at least 4 seats and not too long (maybe 5.5 metres max), and this does narrow the field a bit. The search is hotting up ...
If you are under 6ft tall, you will be ok with a transverse bed in a panel van conversion. That makes it possible to get everything you need in under 6m. Have a look at the Globecar range as an example.

I'm over 6ft & for that & a couple of other reasons have to go for a longitudinal bed, so we are 6.4m. To be honest, the extra length isn't too much of a problem. It is our only vehicle so it is used for shopping, weekend folk festivals, as a mobile office & for extended European trips. Our longest so far is a little over six weeks, which some on here would class as a short jaunt, but I don't think we would have enjoyed it much in our previous T4.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back