Just joined - very impressed by the forum (1 Viewer)

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Joined last Wednesday and posted a few replies to some existing threads. I wasn't expecting immediately helpful responses but got them - thank you guys and girls.

I started off with a mini and tent in the 1960's. Moved to Southern Africa in 1970's and bought a bog standard VW bus and converted it for sleeping with 12v/gas fridge. Cadac gas cooker and charcoal BBQ for cooking.

Returned UK and bought an upmarket VW Devon conversion - luxury !!!

1990's bought a proper MH in the form of an Autohomes Camelot - high top with all the facilities. Unfortunately, the rust bug got to it so decided to move on to a Hymer 544 A Class with no such rust problems. Lovely vehicle and used it for 10 years without hardly any problems (except wheel bearings).

Now got a Carthago but only because I wanted the extra payload to carry a scooter in a van with garage. Still miss the no frills but reliable Hymer.

Hope I can add a little something to the already wide experience of members on this very friendly forum.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: Wagoneer, welcome to the fun (y)

If you're not sure about any aspect of the forums, check out Broken Link Removed

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
002.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Hope I can add a little something to the already wide experience of members on this very friendly forum.
Actually you can. :) Does your better half bake PIES by any chance?
I only mention this because a certain lady called Debs went to a great deal of trouble to obtain for me a large PIE, (complete with clotted cream), at the recent Bagwell Rally, as I have been very ill and infirm of late, and rely on the generosity of fellow members to try and build up my failing strength. :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Meat and potato will do if your pushed.........:)

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Actually you can. :) Does your better half bake PIES by any chance?
I only mention this because a certain lady called Debs went to a great deal of trouble to obtain for me a large PIE, (complete with clotted cream), at the recent Bagwell Rally, as I have been very ill and infirm of late, and rely on the generosity of fellow members to try and build up my failing strength. :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Meat and potato will do if your pushed.........:)

Not fair playing on people's emotions @Tootles ;)

:pink: to FUN @Wagoneer

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Impressed with the Forum? Which bits are you reading? I must have a look there. :)

:welcome4:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome :WelcomeFlag: @Wagoneer
@Tootles you are a card!! I only serve meat pies with Hendersons relish!! And you hate the stuff!!

Last edited:

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Joined last Wednesday and posted a few replies to some existing threads. I wasn't expecting immediately helpful responses but got them - thank you guys and girls.

I started off with a mini and tent in the 1960's. Moved to Southern Africa in 1970's and bought a bog standard VW bus and converted it for sleeping with 12v/gas fridge. Cadac gas cooker and charcoal BBQ for cooking.

Returned UK and bought an upmarket VW Devon conversion - luxury !!!

1990's bought a proper MH in the form of an Autohomes Camelot - high top with all the facilities. Unfortunately, the rust bug got to it so decided to move on to a Hymer 544 A Class with no such rust problems. Lovely vehicle and used it for 10 years without hardly any problems (except wheel bearings).

Now got a Carthago but only because I wanted the extra payload to carry a scooter in a van with garage. Still miss the no frills but reliable Hymer.

I remember you! I waved to you on the N2 between PE and Knysna in 1974 and you didn't wave back :)
Welcome.

OP
OP
Wagoneer
Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
I remember you! I waved to you on the N2 between PE and Knysna in 1974 and you didn't wave back :)
Welcome.

Ag, you must have been the oke in the car with the fat tackkies eating a stick of biltong. Lived in PE for a while before moving to Pretoria (fantastic climate).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back