Just joined Caravan and Motorhome club (1 Viewer)

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
No reflection on you Gasman but I don’t agree with no deposit bookings. I think that there ought to be a non refundable deposit paid. To stop exactly what you have said if the weather is crap cancel at the last minute.
I know that you are playing by the rules.
Why does it need to stop? We're in the C&MHC and we don't have a problem with their system. Cancellation policy is 72 hours.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Wait til the Rhinos lean against your van 😈
Got that covered 😂😂
BDBB763E-FC80-4B62-B944-17CEAE2B15F5.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Its not what caravan owners get it is the ingrained ethos steeped in providing for caravans. They haven't quiet caught up with the trend in motorhome ownership and the needs of these much more mobile owners most of whom do not want or need all the costly facilities they offer and do not want to book up months in advance.

Nothing wrong with a C&MC site if you want to put down roots.
ezee
We're in the C&MC. We like it, we don't have roots. We like the Cls and we like their Red Pennant insurance when we go abroad.

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Its not what caravan owners get it is the ingrained ethos steeped in providing for caravans. They haven't quiet caught up with the trend in motorhome ownership and the needs of these much more mobile owners most of whom do not want or need all the costly facilities they offer and do not want to book up months in advance.

Nothing wrong with a C&MC site if you want to put down roots.
ezee
None of that makes any sense .

P Jones

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Retford
Funster No
MH
ci carioca 694
Exp
What more do caravan owners get than motorhome owners?
its called lip serves. u liky u sticky. only what i think.sorry that is y we do the 3 c. ok.pj happy new year? coming up.

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
I have joined for the first time, one reason is to book sites without a deposit and cancel if the weather is💩. I was able to get a booking for April but choice is limited. I picked a club site because I want 16 amp electric, when it warms up I will try to book some CL's
Can’t recommend the CL sites highly enough, cheap , quiet and friendly...good luck to them.
No issues with the main club other than the amount of signage everywhere (do this, dont do that, no ball games no fun, I get it but what about some lighter messaged ones? You cant deny the quality and in general happy wardens, bar the odd having a bad day grumpy ones and mostly the one at Hythe who ticked me off over guy ropes being too long and needed moving.... 12 inches ... nutter)
The ‘little white post ‘ thing is a safety thing , again I get it but just smile about now...
Have fun! Support those CLs! They are just great

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Have fun! Support those CLs! They are just great
I have been a member of the other lot for a long time and love the CS's I intended to look at the CL's but as this year sites are booking fast I have booked trips on the main sites at the start of the season and at the end (possible end depending on the weather) I'm planning to get to the CL's throughout the summer.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Their club sites are excellent and consistent. The CLs are a bit more hit and miss. Most are lovely but some aren’t quite what we want. However, on the whole we prefer the CLs, especially the farm ones. We go on club sites if we’re away a while as I like their washing machines.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Booking with no deposit is great during covid, you can keep an eye on R rates etc and amend bookings according to restrictions at the time, too many operators are making it difficult and/or long winded to get money back on bookings that have to be cancelled due to government guidelines.

Can’t say I’ve ever cancelled a booking based on the weather.
We currently have bookings with the C&MC too.

The cancel without financial penalty encouraged us to make the bookings. We may have to cancel our trip if an invitation for our second Covid vaccination comes through for one of those dates.

Here, in our part of Wales, you can’t just ring for a vaccination appointment, you receive a letter detailing date, time and vaccination centre. If the date conflicts then we will feel able to cancel.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I love the flexibility of the Caravan Club system and have made several bookings for the coming months.
I am also a member of C&CC but have held off booking any sites with them and paying upfront in case I don’t feel safe at the time due to COVID.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I love the flexibility of the Caravan Club system and have made several bookings for the coming months.
I am also a member of C&CC but have held off booking any sites with them and paying upfront in case I don’t feel safe at the time due to COVID.
If you can manage without hookup, have a look at the C&CC temporary holiday sites, excellent value and in some nice places.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
We use solar all summer but when we may need heating we like hook up so we don't have the hassle of gas bottles running out.
That's understandable, with two largish refillable cylinders, it's not something we have to worry about.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
If you can manage without hookup, have a look at the C&CC temporary holiday sites, excellent value and in some nice places.
Yes I use them a lot! Unfortunately, being solo, it's often cheaper to go on a main site without ehu. Love the Beehive Field, near Bradford on Avon - a couple of ths there this year 😀

Jun 17, 2019
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
One a newbie
We love CL’s usually empty n quiet . Club sites are usually located very close to places of interest. Basically if it’s a town or city we’d like to visit we use bigger club sites otherwise cl’s which we much prefer.
I personally think the club is good value.

Top Hat

Free Member
Apr 6, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
8years
I tend to use CLs only and have never been a member of the CCC what's the difference between their CS and the CMC CLs if any.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I tend to use CLs only and have never been a member of the CCC what's the difference between their CS and the CMC CLs if any.
Certificated Sites accommodate up to five caravans or motorhomes and up to 10 tents. As they take tents, they provide toilets and washing facilities.

Margaritaman

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile C Class
Exp
since 2008
I have joined for the first time, one reason is to book sites without a deposit and cancel if the weather is💩. I was able to get a booking for April but choice is limited. I picked a club site because I want 16 amp electric, when it warms up I will try to book some CL's

Join the Club 👍👍 :welcome4:

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Certificated Sites accommodate up to five caravans or motorhomes and up to 10 tents. As they take tents, they provide toilets and washing facilities.
Not all CS's they are much the same as CL's. One of our favourite sites offer a field and a tap.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Not all CS's they are much the same as CL's. One of our favourite sites offer a field and a tap.
Thanks, I thought they were all for tents and caravans and motorhomes.

Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I belong to the C&MC and have hardly ever used any of their sites, the magazine I find is a waste of good trees.

I do shop at Sainsbury's though and enjoy the £200 a year I get off my shopping bill through the members offers with the C&MC. On that basis I would belong to it even if I didn't own a motorhome!:cool:

Top Hat

Free Member
Apr 6, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
8years
Ah so some don't had cassette emptying facilities.
I've down loaded their app, it doesn't let you look at CS locations unless you enter a member ship number.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I belong to the C&MC and have hardly ever used any of their sites, the magazine I find is a waste of good trees.

I do shop at Sainsbury's though and enjoy the £200 a year I get off my shopping bill through the members offers with the C&MC. On that basis I would belong to it even if I didn't own a motorhome!:cool:
Is it the loadable card you use? Sainsbury's Everyday Shopping Card can only be used in Sainsbury's stores. The card cannot be used online, at petrol stations or pharmacies.

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Ah so some don't had cassette emptying facilities.
I've down loaded their app, it doesn't let you look at CS locations unless you enter a member ship number.
Sorry I didn' but they have an Elsan as well. I don't have the app I look online and call to book, many don't ask for a card, but some do

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back