Just joined Caravan and Motorhome club (1 Viewer)

Mar 6, 2021
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Dreamer D68 PVC
Exp
A little
We're hoping to pick up our van in a month or so and, because our son has moved to Edinburgh, we're planning to go visit him from time to time. I note that there is a C&MC site ideally situated for that. We're new to this so apologies for the noob question but looking on their website, it's stated that pitch prices are based on van + 1 club member. On the C&MC main site, it seems pitch prices are based on van and then you add a fee per adult plus another £13 if you are not a member. Can anyone clarify please what the actual fee calculation would be for staying there as a van with 2 adult members ie is there a national pricing policy as per the main website or could there be a local version at the Edinburgh site. As some have said, it seems quite expensive but then I have little experience of pricing thus far.

Can anyone recommend any other sites I should look at that would be convenient for the centre of Edinburgh?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
The pricing for each C&MC site varies by location and time of year.
For Edinburgh if you were to go mid May it would be (all per night) -
pitch - £11.00
adults - £9.70 / ea
child - £2.90 / ea
no mem - £13.00

total for two adults would be - £11.00 + £19.40 + £13.00 = £43.40

At £13 / night non-member it only takes 4 nights (give or take) to recoup the annual membership fee of £54.00.

1617707871069.png

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
We're hoping to pick up our van in a month or so and, because our son has moved to Edinburgh, we're planning to go visit him from time to time. I note that there is a C&MC site ideally situated for that. We're new to this so apologies for the noob question but looking on their website, it's stated that pitch prices are based on van + 1 club member. On the C&MC main site, it seems pitch prices are based on van and then you add a fee per adult plus another £13 if you are not a member. Can anyone clarify please what the actual fee calculation would be for staying there as a van with 2 adult members ie is there a national pricing policy as per the main website or could there be a local version at the Edinburgh site. As some have said, it seems quite expensive but then I have little experience of pricing thus far.

Can anyone recommend any other sites I should look at that would be convenient for the centre of Edinburgh?
Hi. We use this site a lot when we visit family in Edinburgh and find it really good. If you're members you pay the van plus person plus one extra person. The extra £13- is for non- members: we did a quick calculation and it doesn't take many nights use to recoup your membership fee.

There is another non CMC site at Mortonhall which is also nice, but much bigger and gets very busy at times.

Unfortunately few sites around cities come cheap! But if you compare it to hotels or apartments it works out well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back