Just joined Caravan and Motorhome club (1 Viewer)

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I have joined for the first time, one reason is to book sites without a deposit and cancel if the weather is💩. I was able to get a booking for April but choice is limited. I picked a club site because I want 16 amp electric, when it warms up I will try to book some CL's

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
I also joined the other lot so there should be a great amount of site choices.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
No reflection on you Gasman but I don’t agree with no deposit bookings. I think that there ought to be a non refundable deposit paid. To stop exactly what you have said if the weather is crap cancel at the last minute.
I know that you are playing by the rules.

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
Booking with no deposit is great during covid, you can keep an eye on R rates etc and amend bookings according to restrictions at the time, too many operators are making it difficult and/or long winded to get money back on bookings that have to be cancelled due to government guidelines.

Can’t say I’ve ever cancelled a booking based on the weather.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
No reflection on you Gasman but I don’t agree with no deposit bookings. I think that there ought to be a non refundable deposit paid. To stop exactly what you have said if the weather is crap cancel at the last minute.
Does seem a bit strange the way they work, I have a few visits booked with both clubs and have paid the CCC when booking, they are happy to move the dates if needed

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
They do weekend rallies as well, I think unless stated you can go at the last minute
Hi.
You can join your " Local centre " of the Club unit and go and/or, not go on weekend rallies as above.....ALSO... As a Member of your Local centre,you can visit OTHER centres Rallies at a different venue, if there is room.
We were in the Debyshire C /Club unit as it was then and Lincolnshire CC unit were holding a Rally for the Waddington ( Waddo) air display.... It was on a school playing field 100yds from the " Waddo " main gates. We rang them up and yes,there was room.Come the day we arrived,we were made MOST welcome by the Marshals and after a chat among themselves,we were alloted a space in the " Bridal Suite " Best pitches on the plot ... Great weekend,good company,great show and the in evening everybody just joined in ,talking drinking and having a laugh
Also went to a Nottinhamshire Unit Bonfire rally,after the show,Sausage Cobs,tea,coffee or bring what you like to drink ? in a barn on site,plus live music.... Queueing for the Cobs,my mate and i got good naturedly Barracked by those behind,the main Gist was... " Get back to DERBYSHIRE you have only come to this Bonfire 'cos they don't FEED you at their rallies...CLEAR OFF !! ".
Look in the Mag and it will tell you where the different centres are holding their rallies so you can really get about.
Whatever blows your hair back.... Enjoy.
Tea Bag

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

P Jones

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Retford
Funster No
MH
ci carioca 694
Exp
I have joined for the first time, one reason is to book sites without a deposit and cancel if the weather is💩. I was able to get a booking for April but choice is limited. I picked a club site because I want 16 amp electric, when it warms up I will try to book some CL's
no oh no re-grets .must have loads off accers.i hope you dont re- gre-t. not for me .but best of luck. ok.pj.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
I have to ask WHY ?????

We have joined the MCC

So many more rallies on top of our Funster ones

Temporary holiday sites

special discounts for members

only thing missing is those boring regimented sites with wardens who are at war and a "Club" that's a business

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
We in both but we take advantage of the THS they are cheap and they are all over the country. We booked four up to now Wetherby Racecourse, Herrington Country Park. Wells next the Sea. And Rhoson Sea

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
The Caravaning and Motorhome Club do seem more expensive than the camping and Caravaning in general though.

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
The C&MC is ok if you own a caravan but in spite of the name they only pay lip service to motorhone owners.
ezee

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Its not what caravan owners get it is the ingrained ethos steeped in providing for caravans. They haven't quiet caught up with the trend in motorhome ownership and the needs of these much more mobile owners most of whom do not want or need all the costly facilities they offer and do not want to book up months in advance.

Nothing wrong with a C&MC site if you want to put down roots.
ezee

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
This is very true it’s a difficult balance to get. The worst culprits are those who have said they have booked months worth of stays with the intention of only staying a fraction of the nights booked. Which sounds judgmental but if others cannot stay due to block bookings With no intention of using all nights booked it is very selfish.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Watch out for thieves there.

My brother had a beer fridge ( full of beer) stolen from inside his awning there a few years ago.
is he telling the truth or lion ...

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977

My brother had a beer fridge ( full of beer) stolen from inside his awning there a few years ago.
Those lions are terrible drinkers. :roflmto:

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….

Thanks for the heads up👍

Cannot believe scum could stoop so low🤬🤬

Will put some cans of Bud in the front to disguise my beer, no body would be that desperate and steal Bud😂😂

Obviously get wife to buy the Bud😁😁

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I have been a member of the CC for years, we normally stay on CS sites this year I intended to join C&MC to get access to the CL sites, but with camp sites being booked up, I like the idea of booking without a deposit and if the situation changes cancelling. I may not renew next year or Iay cancel CC.

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
We had caravans in the late 80s and early 90s and were members of the CAMC. We used to stay on the main club sites and used to be amazed at some caravanners who'd erected their awning and put poles at the front of their pitch adorned with dozens of pennants showing where they had visited🤔. Don't see any of that now thankgoodness.
We are now on our 3rd mh and the pennants appear to have changed to frantic waving🤣.
I've always found the CAMC really good with mh and they are installing drive over grey water dumps. The only prob I have is waiting for caravanners to park up😀.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back