Just joined and already worried about future. (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
The day will eventually come when we will all have to pack in motorhoming probably due to onset of dementia, poor vision etc. So the DVLA will prevent us from driving. However with the introduction of driverless cars will we be saved by driverless motorhomes. Our grandchildren will merely stick us in the MH, programme the vehicle to arrive at the campsite of our or their choosing, maybe even put in the pitch number. The MH will take us there and when we finish our hols the very nice warden will programme in the return journey. Simples??

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Commercial aircraft have had the ability to take off, fly to their destination airport and land unaided for a long time........but they still have a pilot and co-pilot, for very good reasons.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
If I still have any marbles remaining when I can no longer drive my mhome , will have to try one of those cruise thingies where all the old fogies get in best bib and tucker to creep around the captain at dinner and then get hospitalised on the salmonella laced food :eek:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hi and welcome PF I think you are worrying about nothing as when the dementia takes hold you wont remember anything about it anyway....:)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hello @Parrot Face and welcome to the Fun
upload_2017-2-28_12-55-37.png

(I see you joined in 2012 but you say you've 'just joined' & this is your first post (y))

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
If I still have any marbles remaining when I can no longer drive my mhome , will have to try one of those cruise thingies where all the old fogies get in best bib and tucker to creep around the captain at dinner and then get hospitalised on the salmonella laced food :eek:
Funny you should say that Larry, I'm just looking at cruses as we speak...:)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011

We were on a cruise and the steward asked if we'd like to dine at the Captain's table ? I told him this holiday had cost us four grand so no way was I eating with the crew. :D

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I have been on two but on the JST tall ships, now that's real cruising (y)
Yes I to have done a bit of deep sea sailing larry but I have now been persuaded by her who pays that I prefer to be spoilt a bit with our own cabin sun balcony....(y)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i would think going on a campsite would be worse than dementia .
mind with dementia you can have a new place every day.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
well I'm glad I made your day Rangi, but it'd be nice to know why (please!) :cautious: What foot-in-mouth have I committed? o_O

It just struck me funny to read "Hello Parrot face"

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I'm not asking much.
I just want to die peacefully.
Not screaming at the top of my voice like the passengers on my Dad's bus as he drove off the top of the cliff.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
The day will eventually come when we will all have to pack in motorhoming probably due to onset of dementia, poor vision etc. So the DVLA will prevent us from driving. However with the introduction of driverless cars will we be saved by driverless motorhomes. Our grandchildren will merely stick us in the MH, programme the vehicle to arrive at the campsite of our or their choosing, maybe even put in the pitch number. The MH will take us there and when we finish our hols the very nice warden will programme in the return journey. Simples??

Welcome & don't worry about travelling anywhere; we will be stuck in a room somewhere travelling by virtual reality and plugged into some life support system. Our goggles will give us the impression that we are anywhere we want to be and we will be cursing the idiot who is using a SOG or has left their grey tap dribbling without realising that the smell is down to us soiling our pants again.

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Many a true word spoken in jest probably
cheaper than a care home.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun