Just finished my conversion ready to retire and travel.. (1 Viewer)

Ian Paul

Free Member
Apr 24, 2018
Funster No
Hi

I built and converted so I don't have to slep with wife..as I have different sleep patterns .. and we are both over 6 foot tall and we can both stand up.. made video along the way, please subscribe if you can as I need 1000 subscribers as youtube have recently changed their rules..

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You might get a few subscriptions if there was a link to do it. It is easy enough in YouTube but on here the video runs in a window on its own. If it can be done it would help if you posted an explanation how to do it. It is possible if you post the YouTube link without the http bit at the front that might take folk to YouTube but that's only a guess on my part. You may need to experiment. :)

Edit: Just tried it and it didn't work. :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
When I see Fiber Glass repairs being made to structural parts of a vehicle, I have serious concerns re the skill set needed to build a good reliable camper van
I make no apologies for my comments

OP
OP
Ian Paul

Ian Paul

Free Member
Apr 24, 2018
Funster No
earlier this year Youtube in their wisdom stopped people earning revenue though films, unless you have 1000 subscribers. The result is that people are not making the type and useful films anymore and/or the quality and effort put is not there. Although not worth much, there is not much point investing a lot of time and effort to produce useful "helpful" films. I hope that answers your note.. yes just watch without subscribing, but if everyone did that I'm sure the channel for vehicle for self help tutorials will dry up.

I fiberglasssed the floor of my transit van 8 years ago when its was 11 years old. Large holes and used rust treatment, and when I converted it from a works van 2 years ago the floor had not changed at all, and I was carring fully loads most days in it.
If the holes are less than 1 inch across, I'll stick with fiberglass.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
so basically, what you are saying is, if people don't earn money from Youtube they won't make self help videos .. after all why make a product to give it away for free ?

on the other hand, many use Youtube simply as a way of hosting their home made videos without motive for profit .. and enjoy sharing with friends and family..

I suggest that some will produce post self-help videos simply because they enjoy helping others.. it's a record of their work, and also enjoy having them viewed.. reward enough

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
[QUOTE="
I fiberglasssed the floor of my transit van 8 years ago when its was 11 years old. Large holes and used rust treatment, and when I converted it from a works van 2 years ago the floor had not changed at all, and I was carring fully loads most days in it.
If the holes are less than 1 inch across, I'll stick with fiberglass.[/QUOTE]

A Pin prick in a prescribed area is an MoT Reason for Failing the test
You clearly have given no thought to vehicle safety or future welding repairs as they progress in an older vehicle
or consideration for what effect your bodge will have in a serious accident
I sincerely hope when you are finished with your projects you scrap them and dont pass on your handiwork
it appears your thought process leave a lot to be desired also
my apologies for appearing rude, but once again not for the content

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back