Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We

we were there yesterday just with car but noticed the actual “aire” was almost full and the overflow Motorhomes parking had at least another 20, these did appear to be foreign. Wondered if it was a rally. Would suggest if aiming for there arrive early. This park and ride gets really busy in summer school holidays anyway.
Don’t think there was a rally but what was the overflow parking is now signed-as proper parking was talk of them extending that

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
i am basin all my fuel calculation on £131 a letter abut 6 pounds a gallon we have allowed £800 GBP for our trip in travail devid that by 3 that's 266 self catering holiday theirs lod's of free parking in France Spain i don't know but i am sure with park for a night and other apps i will find places to park and once in Spain i know if your not to fusay theirs cheep sites i know of one right next to the sea that will be all the wee-man will want fising snorkeling and sunbathing and chating up the girls and practicing his Spanish
bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Not at all
don't worry we don't give a sxxxt it will be grate we will just take every day as it comes if it turn out 1we pay £5.50 a galon in sted of £6.00 so what or £7.00 we just wont go as far but will still have a grate time with cheep wine and cheaper stubby's bread is cheep parking is next to nothing and thers so-many road side cafes that will let you park if you buy a beer town center car parks a corner of a foreign field out in the midal of no where we wont care waking up sum-where difrant every day
if thr french and German's are parked up we will probably be their ass well we intagrat very well with them maybe even better than we do with British motor homers who are mostly head up there own axxxs to be honest we park next to any van and never have any problems.
only with Brits usually they can be so stuck up a times

bill

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Super Friday is comin this week when the brat training is on hold for the Summer, there is another lesser super Friday last week when the posh-brat establishments kick out earlier. They might afffect the rush to France .

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
To be fair Wildbill , I don't think I've overpaid for wine here as my local supplier is £11.00 for 6 bottles as I've mentioned previously..
Everyone has their choice to go wherever they want for whatever reasons they want and it's their choice to cross the channel or not. This year, I decided not to and I certainly won't regret the decision not to go to France and beyond this year.
Furthermore, we enjoyed so much, next year's jaunt is already decided and its the UK again.

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Rammed with motorhomes, all sorts of nationality, but mainly UK, is something happening we don't know about?

Perhaps they are making use of whatever time is left to go shopping in France before we F’it up with our Brexit plans / not plans / ideas / no ideas / strategy / wishful thinking / pot luck / blind hope?

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
the euro is nearly one to one so no confusion abut how much thing are
bill

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We were there last Sunday for the monday morning Ferry and there were only 2 vans besides us and the ferry was really empty too, couldnt try any of the places recommended as it was Bastille day and everything was closed. I was looking forward to buying more booze to bring back and of course have one of their famous take aways.

SteveJulesMontycame2

Free Member
May 17, 2019
Touring Europe
Funster No
MH
Semi integrated <8m
Diesel 1.20€ a litre here in Germany this afternoon. (But the price does go up at the weekend; it will drop a few cents during the daytime - Variable pricing means it’s higher at peak times). So France is dearer for fuel than Germany. Eating out is cheaper here and great Stellplätze too, well worth the trip.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Diesel 1.20€ a litre here in Germany this afternoon. (But the price does go up at the weekend; it will drop a few cents during the daytime - Variable pricing means it’s higher at peak times). So France is dearer for fuel than Germany. Eating out is cheaper here and great Stellplätze too, well worth the trip.
Hi and welcome to the fun forum.

Hilewaychile

Free Member
Oct 10, 2017
Very variable. UK and Spain are the loci
Funster No
MH
DIY Vaux Movano
Exp
10 years, on and off.
Just! Depending on exchange rate assumed.

Ian
£1.249 at Radcliffe, Greater Manchester

Not too handy for Channel crossing then. In the same spirit, I will tell you, for what it's worth, that diesel at the filling station next to Lydl, just off the m/way [exit 345] near Valencia airport, is €1.066/L

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Not too handy for Channel crossing then. In the same spirit, I will tell you, for what it's worth, that diesel at the filling station next to Lydl, just off the m/way [exit 345] near Valencia airport, is €1.066/L
Bit far to go from home

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back