Just deciding on which Motorhome to buy (1 Viewer)

Which is better to live full time in

• Burstner IXEO 728G

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Laika EcoVIP 709

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve Counsell

Free Member
Jun 28, 2017
Uk
Funster No
MH
Burstner OR Laika
Exp
Since March 2016
hi everyone,
We've been full time in. Caravan since March 2016 and now that we can afford to buy a New Motorhome we are trying to decide between a Burstner IXEO 728G and Laika EcoVIP 709.

WE run a YouTube channel documenting our journeys and life in a caravan / Motorhome.

Looking for advice on anything Motorhome related :)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Steve

I don't know either van well enough to have an opinion between these two but if it was my money I might be tempted to look at a quality van two or three years old.

But

:welcomesign: Anyway.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and welcome, it's a mine field out there. For us layout was key, unless you go large there has to be compromise and if you go large that can limit the places you can visit.

It took us sometime to decide and we get the third one a week Friday.

1972 - Type 2 VW Devon Moonraker
2013 - T5 VW California
2017 - Auto Sleepers Kingham

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
:hiya::WelcomeFlag:
Layout (we like our double bed) and payload are key features for happy travels

Last edited:
H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
I agree with Martin FunFlair, don't buy new. It's throwing the VAT away on day one and you may find, as many do, that your actual requirements may not emerge until you have been away in the van a few times. Changing is costly. If you don't like the idea of someone having slept in the van previously, buy new memory foam mattress for a couple of hundred pounds.

What attracts me about the Laika is the possibility that it has the extending drop-down bed which measures 2m by 2m as sleeping well is a proirity for us. We've had a Laika and were happy with the quality. I believe that the EcoVips may have a double floor, too.

Good luck.

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
Each to their own, obviously but we were put off drop down beds as they invariably impinge on the living quarters.

Double bed at the rear was one of the few things we could not compromise on. When on holiday I go to bed and get up early, the opposite of the wife, when we are at home it's role reversal.

It was the main consideration in changing our fantastic T5 California, as you both need to go to bed and get up at the same time.

There are some great layouts with drop down beds, but effectively we would have had the same problem.

I think if it's practical, hire something like you think you want to try what works and what doesn't, it could save you a lot in the long run.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
When getting the latest, just beware style over substance when it comes to something solid you are living in every day. Too many are stylish gin palaces but not necessarily tough and comfortable.

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
:welco:

Hi, We owned a Burstner Ixeo 726g for a few months, however the wife kept forgetting about the stepdown
from the lounge/dining area into kitchen, after 2 bad falls she had had enough. Also when sitting up in bed
kept banging my head on the roof. If you buy new and there are any issues it has to be returned to the supplying
dealer. So consider distance when purchasing. I would not like to fulltime in an Ixeo.
As Martin @funflair says consider a newish higher quality van that has already been snagged.

Ray

OP
OP
S

Steve Counsell

Free Member
Jun 28, 2017
Uk
Funster No
MH
Burstner OR Laika
Exp
Since March 2016
Hi Steve

I don't know either van well enough to have an opinion between these two but if it was my money I might be tempted to look at a quality van two or three years old.

But

:welcomesign: Anyway.

Martin
Thanks for the advice :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Both Hymer companies so reasonable quility vans, I would normally err towards a German built van but the A class Laika would be more sensible for full timing,.The lounge/front end is a much nicer envioment in an A class.

Jan 16, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt low profile
Exp
Since 2016
Payload is vital. Burstner seems to have only 326k to play with. Not enough. Laika has licence issue depending on your age.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back