Just bought Munchie's A class Itenio (1 Viewer)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
It's much nicer now that a true British patriot owns it, you know what those 'foreign johnnys' are like all garlic and long walks. pfft

Joking apart Terry this deal was made for you. Ken needed a buyer who can deal with a minor leak and you needed an honest seller with a good value offer.....

...what we call win win........ hope it's as good for you as it has been for 4cuppps and munchie.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Had to-post this -I am now the owner of the above vehicle :xgrin: I would say I bought it, but feel more like I stole it :DAfter a flight to France we drove the van home to UK the next day.

when do you start the strip-out and refit ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I've known that van since Ken N Steph first turned up in it. I know he's taken good care of it and I know the makes very well as ken will surely recall we were looking at similar when we got our Adria as they do a great kids layout.

What I can't believe is this. ..I saw it advertised on the forum and simply thought I can not believe people are actually asking questions as opposed to buying it as it represents amazing value.
I even considered buying it myself to sell on but thought dont steal it let a funster jump in it.

What I can't believe is the buyer....in all these years I would never of said terry and a class manufacturer built in the same sentance.
So well done @Terry and I'll ask @drago35uk and @Carol if you are allowed in to the secret a class club...

We have our own meets where its a class only and hand shakes like the masonic lodge to get in.... it's a bit like the I don't have a motorhome I have a Hymer club only more secret and reserved. I'll email you your membership application pack..
Don't tell anyone though we don't want @Silkcut1105 having to trade his old van back

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
when do you start the strip-out and refit ?
Hi Jim there is nothing much I can do to it :xgrin: But when I showed Julie the pics last week she ordered some material for re upholstery and it arrived this morning :xdoh:After she actually seen the van in the flesh she said it will do for my next van or she may do it in the summer =nothing much wrong with it :xgrin:So as things stand my next van or the Itineo could well have half red leather and stripy material much like it is now :xrofl:Julie said there is only slight wear (considering it's 7 yrs old) and that is limited to head/arm rests and whoever owned it has looked after it very well indeed @Mrs Munchie :xThumb:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Paul I too never thought I would go back to a factory made van let alone the A class :xsmile:Until this came along they just never interested me value wise -I could not buy a van and all the stuff in it for what that nice mr/mrs Muchie let me have it for :xThumb:plus they were the most hospitable hosts ever, cooking us a full roast dinner inc YPuds along with jam roll and custard on our arrival and bacon eggs toms and toast for breccy :xThumb:Another bonus was Ken had filled the tank with fuel for us :xThumb:meaning all it cost to get the van home was £57 quid on fuel and £102 for the chunel :xThumb:
terry

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Paul I too never thought I would go back to a factory made van let alone the A class :xsmile:Until this came along they just never interested me value wise -I could not buy a van and all the stuff in it for what that nice mr/mrs Muchie let me have it for :xThumb:plus they were the most hospitable hosts ever, cooking us a full roast dinner inc YPuds along with jam roll and custard on our arrival and bacon eggs toms and toast for breccy :xThumb:Another bonus was Ken had filled the tank with fuel for us :xThumb:meaning all it cost to get the van home was £57 quid on fuel and £102 for the chunel :xThumb:
terry

yeah yeah, forget all that rubbish, tell us what we really want to know?

how on earth did you manage to get back in the UK from France?
I mean surely they must have done a strip search when they realised you were from Yorkshire?

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
yeah yeah, forget all that rubbish, tell us what we really want to know?

how on earth did you manage to get back in the UK from France?
I mean surely they must have done a strip search when they realised you were from Yorkshire?
Nope Paul -I left Mitch at home :xgrin:very uneventful trip home with Bob doing almost all the driving :xgrin:I managed to get fuel from the pump and no problems from the nice customs men when both mine and Bobs passports were presented :xgrin::xrofl:The only thing we got stuck on was getting from Carefour to the actual tunel but even that was sussed after a couple of tries
terry

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
NOT sure if it's a her or him @Munchie never said but I am kinda hoping it's a him :xgrin:because like Snowbird once said to me all the hers in his life cost him a fortune :xrofl:
Haha I thought she looked like a her with all those curves!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
plus they were the most hospitable hosts ever, cooking us a full roast dinner inc YPuds along with jam roll and custard on our arrival and bacon eggs toms and toast for breccy :xThumb:
You have similar to enjoy when you get here next week. We will return the wonderful hospitality you showed us....and cooked for us in Sept. :) I will let @rupert know he's on cooking duties.

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
well what can i say except well done terry, just hope the barcardi rack is full when we all have our first party in it

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Terry as the new owner, we wish you many happy hours of fun and laughter. A cracking van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back