Just Bought Motorhome Yesterday (1 Viewer)

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Welcome, go to a Wilco motorists store if you have one, buy some "Diesel Magic", around £5, put all the bottle in when fuel level is low, give it a good run , 5-10 miles at a fast pace, keep the revs up more than you wood normally, that will clear out the injectors etc, worked well in my old Talbot Express 2.5D.

OP
OP
J

John69

Free Member
May 4, 2015
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Talbot Swift Kon-tiki
Exp
Im a newbie
Hi Guys,
Thanks again for replying so quickly. I think the turbo is ok as I have had her to nearly 80 mph but had to slow down for traffic, it just sometimes under pressure feels hesitant I think the other owner didn't do any mileage in it 250miles in a year and its been started occasionally in his drive which may cause excessive carbon deposits in the combustion chambers. I could be wrong I normally am lol but that's what my gut is telling me, and I think maybe the engine battery might not be good or starter motor getting hot because I think I might have an exhaust leak, get slight smell of exhaust on start up. Because starter motor doesn't turn over engine when hot so could be hot exhaust gases making starter hot im gonna be investigating this week.
Thanks for all the technical info and suggestions. I will check out the pipe work minxygirl thanks for drawing my attention to that the fuel filter unit looks nice and shiny and new so don't think its that. I will try out the diesel magic injebreck99 thanksfor that and I will change oil and oil filter and air filter, andtake it from there. Thanks again for your help and suggestions. All the best, John69.

OP
OP
J

John69

Free Member
May 4, 2015
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Talbot Swift Kon-tiki
Exp
Im a newbie
Hi Jonkil didn't realise you had to pay a tenner to join the forum when I joined I wasn't asked otherwise I would have paid where do I pay?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Hi Jonkil didn't realise you had to pay a tenner to join the forum when I joined I wasn't asked otherwise I would have paid where do I pay?
Subscription link at top of page.
Guarantee, you will get your tenners worth many times over.
Excellent well run forum.

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
:party2::welc::party2:
Hi and welcome to funsters
I had a Talbot based camper van some years ago and that had a very floppy gear lever
I got a kit off ebay to cure the problem, not expensive and worked a treat

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
:welc:Hi & Welcome To The Fun

OP
OP
J

John69

Free Member
May 4, 2015
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Talbot Swift Kon-tiki
Exp
Im a newbie
Its not to bad now it was the gear linkage had come apart I put it back to gether and ive just changed the gear oil but I will keep that in mid thanks chrisboyo. Do you know where the thermostat is located on the Talbot express 2.5 td ? Any info is appreciated thanks guys. Hi gloworm and thankyou :)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Morning and welcome from Somerset. Hope you get your problems sorted soon. :welc:

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
:welc:
Hope you get things sorted then you can really have fun

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi John & Linda and :welc:floppy gear lever that sounds painful (n) hope all the little niggles will soon be sorted out (y) happy MH :party2:. Mew & Mick

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
downloadfile-1.gif

OP
OP
J

John69

Free Member
May 4, 2015
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Talbot Swift Kon-tiki
Exp
Im a newbie
and ive got an exhaust leak up where I think it joins the turbo that will account for some power loss another niggle to sort out didn't notice it when I bought it im just to trusting nevermind all part of the fun.....If i keep telling myself long enough I might start to believe that lol. Thanks guys for the moral support and welcomes anyone know where thermostat is ? Thanks.

lauren/luke

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Funster No
hi everyone I once had a van and the whole knob come out same thing the linkage must have had floppy knob syndrome soon fixed with a decent bolt

OP
OP
J

John69

Free Member
May 4, 2015
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Talbot Swift Kon-tiki
Exp
Im a newbie
oh I see I wonder why no one answered my question I thought you was all rude...Or you didn't know but now I know thankyou :)

Reactions: CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
oh I see I wonder why no one answered my question I thought you was all rude...Or you didn't know but now I know thankyou :)
oh you'll get some rude answers but all in FUN :)
if you start a new thread & call it "Talbot express 2.5 td thermostat" or something similar I'm sure you'll get lots of good info as well as jokes & banter (y)
(of course some of us - like me - DON'T know the answer!)

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi John and Linda,

Welcome to Fun and the world of motorhomes, if you get stuck, always welcome to come to us, we are on the A21 just past Robertsbridge

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back