JUST BOUGHT INTO MY BANKS HEALTH / TRAVEL AND BREAKDOWN INSURANCE (BARCLAYS / AVIVA) (1 Viewer)

Jun 11, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840 SE
Exp
I applied for the Nationwide insurance as it was recommended by a lot of folks on the forum etc' It looked ok until I asked for extended cover and the additional premium was prohibitive due to existing medical conditions so that prompted me to take a look at other offerings.

My breakdown and recovery was due at a cost of £128.00 from Green flag, I let this lapse as the Barclays Aviva covered myself and the wife for £12.50 a month and also gives me travel and health insurance.

The main difference I can see between the two banks offerings is that Nationwide load the premium for existing conditions whereas Barclays either include or exclude them and the premium stays the same at £12.50 per month.

Includes 31 days European cover, I asked for an extension to this of a total of 80 days and the additional premium was £126.96 for both of us which I thought was quite good.

This works well for us as our medical conditions are basically stable and unlikely to cause any problems while away, I have also sent for the GHIC card just incase.

I hope this info is helpful to any one looking for insurance.

Cheers
Colin

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I applied for the Nationwide insurance as it was recommended by a lot of folks on the forum etc' It looked ok until I asked for extended cover and the additional premium was prohibitive due to existing medical conditions so that prompted me to take a look at other offerings.

My breakdown and recovery was due at a cost of £128.00 from Green flag, I let this lapse as the Barclays Aviva covered myself and the wife for £12.50 a month and also gives me travel and health insurance.

The main difference I can see between the two banks offerings is that Nationwide load the premium for existing conditions whereas Barclays either include or exclude them and the premium stays the same at £12.50 per month.

Includes 31 days European cover, I asked for an extension to this of a total of 80 days and the additional premium was £126.96 for both of us which I thought was quite good.

This works well for us as our medical conditions are basically stable and unlikely to cause any problems while away, I have also sent for the GHIC card just incase.

I hope this info is helpful to any one looking for insurance.

Cheers
Colin

I’ve got a Barclays Account, but it’s just a straight forward no fees Current Account. Which Account covers Travel Insurance etc?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just had a look at their policy and you are not covered.

Quote:

Your eligible vehicle must also:
  • have a maximum legal laden weight of 3,500kg (3.5 tonnes). This weight is called the Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM);
  • have maximum overall dimensions of: length 7m; height 3m; width 2.55m (all including any load carried).
Also for European breakdown the max on one claim is £2500 nowhere near enough for repatriation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W
Jun 11, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840 SE
Exp
Just had a look at their policy and you are not covered.

Quote:

Your eligible vehicle must also:
  • have a maximum legal laden weight of 3,500kg (3.5 tonnes). This weight is called the Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM);
  • have maximum overall dimensions of: length 7m; height 3m; width 2.55m (all including any load carried).
Also for European breakdown the max on one claim is £2500 nowhere near enough for repatriation.
Sorry should have said, I will be tugging for the foreseeable future :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back