Just booked our first Britstop... (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Rita and Andrew
  • Start date
R

Rita and Andrew

Deleted User
Whats your experience of using the Britstop book?

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
A local pub The 3 merry lads is one and we've used it when our neighbours twins had a 21st birthday party!!
Worked for us and have met some Funsters who have stayed!

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I use them randomly....
Last time was up in Airton.. Farm shop couple mths back... Rellies where in thier holiday cottages... So dead handy to visit...

I've probs stayed at a dozen since having Moho... All different but all do-able :) .. If i'm on my way somewhere... I usually look to see what BritStops are either on route or in location .. Then it's Searchforsites and Wildcamp app...
Then Cc and Ccc apps :)

Edit: have been refused only once... The boss was away and whoever answered phone didn't know how to deal ... So took easy option... Tho it wasn't an issue for moi .. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
we found we spent more in the pub than we would have on a site we allways feel obligated to eat a meal
...but you had a meal out, didn't have to shop, cook or wash up :rolleyes:.
You are not "obliged" to have a meal but obviously the host hopes you will, most will be happy to sell a couple of drinks.
And of course judicious use of cheap sites or wild camping + in van catering with groceries from home can be cheaper... but is it better value?
Not for me.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Stayed at quite a few, always enjoyed the stay. Not always had a meal but have had a drink. We like them. If you are on a budget there may be cheaper ways of staying.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Brilliant for a stop-over en route. From here we have a number which aren't pubs but in very handy locations! (farm shop, craft centre). We've also used pubs & usually had a drink or a meal, but not always. One pub we spent nothing - they were closed because of a fire but welcomed us anyway. Found some lovely locations, helpful and welcoming people, never felt pressured to spend - if we have a meal (evening or breakfast) it's because it fits in with our plans.
We always let them know when we arrive, and when we plan to leave. I always leave a thank-you card too on which I say what we enjoyed about the stopover, and which is signed "BritStoppers".
For us, a really useful scheme.

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Did an entire trip round North Yorkshire in britstops earlier this year and they were all good...... one a bit tight for parking but managed to get turned ok (y)
We'll be using a few more on a trip south in the next 2 weeks too ;)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
On our recent trip "up North" the only Britstop available, when we wanted to stop, had no food available that night.

We carried on and, in a couple of miles, saw another roadside pub. A drink and meal ordered at the bar we asked if it would be possible to stay overnight. No problem, they just asked us to park at the far end of their carpark, where we already were. Not a Britstop but quite happy to accommodate us for the passing trade.:)(y)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Only ever tried two ,a couple of years back, both in Derbyshire and both refused saying they don't do britstops anymore. So like them nor do I. I know many of those on this forum have had great stops ...but I shan't bother anymore. ..

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Always use them when out and about. Staying at one tonight in Horton Dorset. We eat out when travelling, so Brit stops solves both and we don't pay for the site fee. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back