Just been reminded why I dislike Windows so much (1 Viewer)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I assume the adverts are in the form of tiles in the box that displays. I removed all the standard tiles and have only one now, to give me a quick link to Notepad.
Don't know Graham as never installed Win 10.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Do you have W7 disk ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
If you have the COA ( certificate of authentication, probably) and the correct version of Windows on a disc, best thing is to do a clean install. I had to do that, bought a disc off eBay, already had the COA sticker on the laptop base
Anyway, I too have reverted to Win 7. I found 10 such a pain to use, too many hidden screens, had to keep searching for open windows when installing programmes and it seemed to take forever to get anything done. It is so frustrating. I have been trying all morning to programme a couple of ham radios and gave up. It was easy on 7.
So, 10 has gone, Win 7 will be used but only when there is no alternative and to keep my sanity, I just spent a couple of hours on my MacBook Pro, OSX is like a breath of fresh air.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
My iPad 2 is becoming a brick as the iOS updates arrive.

That's interesting. I have an iPad Air and 'er indoors has a 2. Both are running on 9.1 and I haven't noticed any loss of performance on either of them. My Air in particular has some resource heavy apps and I'm not particularly patient so if it had slowed down I would have noticed.

Are you sure it's down to the updates and not something else?

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
i have an iPad air 2 that works very well with ios9, I also have an iPad 2, that has been languishing in a cupboard for just over 2 years. Fished it out and charged it up, it was still on iOS 6, now, it is about 15 minutes away from finishing its ios9.1 update, I'll see how it goes. It seemed ok on an interim update to ios8.4 this morning, with no noticeable slowing down.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
That's interesting. I have an iPad Air and 'er indoors has a 2. Both are running on 9.1 and I haven't noticed any loss of performance on either of them. My Air in particular has some resource heavy apps and I'm not particularly patient so if it had slowed down I would have noticed.

Are you sure it's down to the updates and not something else?
Not sure at all. I've disabled the most likely culprit but no change. Just slow - sometimes I can type a whole sentence on the key pad before it appears on the screen.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Not sure at all. I've disabled the most likely culprit but no change. Just slow - sometimes I can type a whole sentence on the key pad before it appears on the screen.

Might be worth a trip to MK and get the Apple store to take a look at it.

Chances are they'll just replace if FOC. Either way it's worth a try.

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Well, I updated my iPad 2 to ios9.1 and to be honest, it seems to run about the same as it always did, certainly hasn't slowed down any. Very happy so far

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Well, I updated my iPad 2 to ios9.1 and to be honest, it seems to run about the same as it always did, certainly hasn't slowed down any. Very happy so far
What advantages have you found?

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
What advantages have you found?
I haven't really looked for any, I only updated it because I will be selling it shortly, I don't really need 2 iPads and Mrs A has her own iPad mini.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back